The VG Resource

Full Version: Kirby Super Star SNES Font Rip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having some difficulty locating and extracting the letter/numbers/symbols used by the game in the ROM. The one on the resource has the letters but nothing else. I don't mind doing it myself but as I am a bit new to this and YY-CHR I am having a bit of difficulties. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Not all fonts in the game are actually fonts, some of them are backgrounds or sprites.
You can try vSNES, though:

[Image: RJXAmdj.png]

Left: font, right: background.
(12-05-2023, 01:38 AM)BarackĀ Obama Wrote: [ -> ]Not all fonts in the game are actually fonts, some of them are backgrounds or sprites.
You can try vSNES, though:

[Image: RJXAmdj.png]

Left: font, right: background.

VSNES might have been what I was looking for. Appreciate the info.
No problem, have fun with it. It's a mighty tool in terms of SNES ripping. You need ZSNES quicksaves, though.

What I like the most about it:
- You can edit every single palette colour, like changing a black bg to pink or green.
- If you hover over a sprite/tile in sceneviewer, the palviewer automatically jumps to the used palette of it (except mode 7 stuff).
- vSNES shows the internal SNES palettes and colour 1 (out of 16 in a row) is used for transparency. Sometimes these bars are split (Zelda 3, SMW).
- If a sprite is covered by another sprite, you can erase it.
- Most of the good stuff is stored in 4-bit and VRAM/WRAM, sometimes ROM. FX is rarely used, like in Starfox. 2-bit is usually about fonts.

There is also another tool you can try:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41182...#pid675404
bsnes-rawpalettes by Random Talking Bush, shows true colours just like vSNES (the original bsnes isn't able to do that). Also has a tile viewer, but I personally prefer vSNES.
As far as I remember, you need to download the original bsnes+ and then paste bsnes-rawpalettes over it.