The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Nintendo Ripping Has Come A Long Way - Thank You All So Much !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, everyone! I'm Alefy San, the "Super Nintendo kid" of the site. About like 98% of all of my sheets belong to the SNES, I'm really attached to that console.
Sometimes I just love scrolling through the Resource sites and taking a look at some random games and sheets. I've been taking notice that nowadays the Super Nintendo section has a really huge amount of new games and sheets in it! Like, when I joined the site back in 2020 there were a really small amount of games with sheets available, but nowdays it feels like we have the double of that amount.
The tools we have nowadays really helps a lot too. We've come a long way regarding that too!

But anyways, I just would like to thank you all, to thank everyone who has ever contributed to the SNES section or with the development of tools. I'm just a Super Famicon fanatic, so it really means a lot to me that we have a lot more of stuff from my favorite console of all time on the site. Thank you all so much for everything! We've come a long way in a very small amount of time!  Cry
It's my fave too! Barack Obama in particular has done an amazing job on the SNES in the last few years.
(08-21-2023, 12:58 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]It's my fave too! Barack Obama in particular has done an amazing job on the SNES in the last few years.

Exactly! Obama has been updating and improving older sprite sheets to their absolute limit. I also love how he uploads some sprite sheets from obscure Japanese games from time to time, which is a subject I'm really interested in.
I'm always amazed at how a single person can create so many sprite sheets that great, that detailed and and that fast. Barack really is the real legend of the SNES section!  Wink 

But not gonna lie, Ton, you did a great job on the SNES section too. It's crazy to think that many of the sheets I've been using when I was younger belongs to you, especially the SMRPG and Chrono Trigger ones. And I still can't believe that you have more than 1000 sprites just for the SNES, that's honestly very impressive! That's way more sheets than I have ever uploaded on the entire site! And also, you've been doing that since when ripping tools used to be much inferior to the ones we have today!

The more I think about it, the more I'm impressed by the VG Resource community!  Wink
Also a thanks from me to all SNES rippers, it's by far my most favorite console and I always like seeing rips for it.
(08-21-2023, 02:32 PM)Alefy San Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2023, 12:58 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]It's my fave too! Barack Obama in particular has done an amazing job on the SNES in the last few years.

Exactly! Obama has been updating and improving older sprite sheets to their absolute limit. I also love how he uploads some sprite sheets from obscure Japanese games from time to time, which is a subject I'm really interested in.
I'm always amazed at how a single person can create so many sprite sheets that great, that detailed and and that fast. Barack really is the real legend of the SNES section!  Wink 

But not gonna lie, Ton, you did a great job on the SNES section too. It's crazy to think that many of the sheets I've been using when I was younger belongs to you, especially the SMRPG and Chrono Trigger ones. And I still can't believe that you have more than 1000 sprites just for the SNES, that's honestly very impressive! That's way more sheets than I have ever uploaded on the entire site! And also, you've been doing that since when ripping tools used to be much inferior to the ones we have today!

The more I think about it, the more I'm impressed by the VG Resource community!  Wink

Daww thanks Heart