The VG Resource

Full Version: Pikmin 4 Dark Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While ripping models from Pikmin 4, I imported some into Blender to check them out. And the textures are much darker than seen in-game.
I also got 3 tex-maps. Diffuse, Normal, and one with an M in it that appears to be what brightens up the textures. But i have no idea how to apply it. There's nothing online talking about it. If anybody knows how to apply the textures, Please tell.
It would help if you provided texture samples...
Below i have attached the Bulborb Larva's Textures. Notice the diffuse texture being darker and the M texture having the bright areas.
1. The diffuse texture has transparency. By default blender texture alpha is set to "straight" which will darken the image if it has transparency. You should set the image alpha to channel packed.

The alpha output of the diffuse is its own image, which has been packed together with the diffuse to save on space.

2. This "M" tex is also a channel packed texture, with each image channel (R, G, B) representing a different texture, but with the small resolution and lack of model I cannot tell what each channel is for.

3. To save you some pain, please note that you should invert the green channel of Unreal normal maps in Blender, or bumps become concave and vice-versa.
Sorry to revive this post!
I'm playing around with the texture files and I THINK that the purpley/pink M files are specular maps. I just cranked the contrast of that texture nodes in these screenshots (just to check what they actually do), so the "shiniest" parts appear white, and this seems about right.

[Image: KFhPa5c.png]
[Image: Jc9xccz.png]
(08-19-2023, 08:21 PM)MicroSRB2 Wrote: [ -> ]While ripping models from Pikmin 4, I imported some into Blender to check them out. And the textures are much darker than seen in-game.
I also got 3 tex-maps. Diffuse, Normal, and one with an M in it that appears to be what brightens up the textures. But i have no idea how to apply it. There's nothing online talking about it. If anybody knows how to apply the textures, Please tell.

Is there a way you can post these? Ty
I have the Sovereign Bulblax textures Smile
I actually found out how to add the proper textures. I followed a tutorial by Aperatus on Youtube to apply the textures properly. The only difference is that I used Umodel instead of FModel to rip them. As for the models themselves, I plan on submitting them in due time. For now, You can at least download Baldy Long Legs from TMR.