The VG Resource

Full Version: That which lies beyond...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Beyond Good & Evil 2

Coming on PS3 and XBox360.
Freaking Awesome.
GaryCXJk Wrote:Coming on PS3 and XBox360.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.
Josiah Wrote:
GrooveMan.exe Wrote:
GaryCXJk Wrote:Coming on PS3 and XBox360.

Fuck you, Ubisoft.

Indeed.

Actually wanted to comment on that fact, but realized Ubi might be planning a spin-off which involves shaking Jade's bootay or something silly for the Wii.

Fuck you Ubi, fuck you. First you made me think the next PoP would be set in the world of "the Pirates of Dark Water", next you screw the Nintendo fans over by not releasing BG&E, probably even the console the game was more sold on.

EDIT:

A fictional letter I've fictionally sent to Ubisoft:

Quote:Dear Ubisoft,

Recently it has come to the attention that you are planning a sequel to the underrated game Beyond Good and Evil. Needless to say, I was thrilled.

However, my excitement subsided, as I noticed that the game would only be playable on the Playstation 3 and XBox 360. I can somewhat understand this decision. Both the Playstation 3 and XBox 360 have the capability to bring out the best of this game graphical-wise. Bringing out an immense and immersive world would require excellent graphics. And I'd have to say Pey'j never looked better. To make it look more realistic looking, the game had to be put on the aforementioned consoles.
But the people who want to play this game don't give a shit about graphics. Graphics never attracted the game. It was the uniqueness in its story, it had something different. The graphics weren't even that special back then when we played it on our Playstation 2, XBox (the original, by the way) or GameCube. Hell, even if you used the fucking Commodore 64 it would still be a great game.
"But graphics sell" I can hear you say. Let me put it this way. Was it because of graphics that Assassin's Creed, YOUR Assassin's Creed was popular? I think it was more a fuel for fanboys to claim that "their console was better". I've seen the game, and it had lag. Hard. Fucking. Lag. It isn't even funny. You can't even decently ride trough a fucking canyon without seeing some fucking 24 frames per second, and as a Flash animator, I can see the fucking differences between 30 frames per second and 24, and 30 fps isn't even that good.

So, let's look at some games you DIDN'T make, shall we? Let's start with, oh, let's see, Super Mario Galaxy. It has great gameplay, it was a good game, yet it didn't have the technological advancements the other consoles had. It could have easily been a GameCube game. In fact, the Wii is a GameCube, only sped up 1.5 times, and slightly better graphics. Did it stop the console from being awesome? No. Compared to the Playstation 3 my brother has, I had more fun playing on my Wii. And it wasn't even because of the motion sensor shit, because we all know the motion sensor shit is what it is, shit. Fucking dookie. Feces. Poop. Crud. Brown sausage. Warm chocolate. Whatever the fuck you want to call it. It's fucking overrated, and it doesn't even work that well.
So seriously, for the motion sensor shit you wouldn't even need to make this game. And some other games have the proof. For example, did Capcom's Okami have awesome graphics? Yes, but that wasn't because of the hardware, it's because of the style they put the game in. If you took out that drawn style, it would have been just a regular game. But because of the style they put it in, the game was awesome.
Even fucking Pac-Man has more replay value than most of the shit you guys make. But to get back on the way to control the games, both Okami and Pac-Man don't need any motion sensor shit. They were fun without that hassle. And they didn't even look that good either. But these games are loved. Most of your shitty games aren't loved. I mean, who the fuck liked the Raving Rabbids games? I bet most of you didn't. I bet you were all standing there, in your pretty office, laughing at us, counting your money. "Yes, buy our shitty games and make us richer." And that same trick you guys tried with Far Cry on the Wii. Fuck, thank God many people didn't fall for that one.

So, my point being is, we don't give a fuck about graphics, we also don't give a shit about how the game plays, as long as it's a good game, and we can get to play it on the fucking Wii. And don't give us that "but it will look better on the other consoles" bullshit, because great graphics do not necessarily mean good game. It's often quite the opposite.

Sincerely yours,

A big Beyond Good & Evil fan

PS: Rape this game and you'll be sorry.

Feel free to actually send it to Ubi.
Well, I never got to play the first one because it was so damn rare, but I'm happy I have a 360 so I can actually try this. =D
Okay, more news about BG&E2.

Apparently, not only is the game not coming to Wii, they want to dumb down the game because they thought the original was too difficult for the "casual gamers", which caused the lack of sales.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option...mitstart=2

Quote:“We saw with Beyond Good & Evil that so many customers were extremely happy with the game,” said Guillemot. “We had a different audience at that time. We had more core gamers than casual gamers than we have today. We think the game was probably a little too difficult for the general gamers at that time. We’re going to make it more accessible and make sure that it’s really done for the new generation that’s come into videogames.”
The SNEAKAN was awkward. That's probably why they didn't do so well. If they made the more intuitive, (along with a smoother combat system) it would be fine.

I'm not liking that desert location much, also. The whole 'lush environment' thing they had going was enjoyable.
That's not the point. The point is, you wouldn't even know the game would be difficult unless you've bought the game, or at least unless someone in your near existance has bought the game, and so far, the ones who did buy the game found the game awesome. I never even heard complaints about the difficulty, maybe only that it was too freaking easy.

Unless you've actually played the game, there's no way in fucking hell you would know if it would be difficult or not. And the game wasn't popular enough for people to know about the difficulty level.