The VG Resource

Full Version: Panic Bomber Puzzle Blocks Rip Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking for Bomberman or Puzzle blocks, but it does not exist, so I was trying to upload this,
IT HAS BEEN REJECTED! That's because a lot of empty space wastes disk space.
[Image: ripbomb.png]
After trying to minimize this, Now This is unorganized by a lot! How do I do then?
[Image: ripbomb2.png]
The condensed sheet has multiple errors:
- Scrambled garbage tiles in row 1
- More garbage tiles in row 2, looks like scrambled font
- Random 1 pixel-wide spaces between some tiles
- I guess the blue rock is cut off at the bottom due to these spaces
(06-20-2023, 09:20 PM)0BarackĀ Obama Wrote: [ -> ]The condensed sheet has multiple errors:
- Scrambled garbage tiles in row 1
- More garbage tiles in row 2, looks like scrambled font
- Random 1 pixel-wide spaces between some tiles
- I guess the blue rock is cut off at the bottom due to these spaces

I don't think there are any errors here.
you are saying palette as "Scrambled Garbage tile" in row 1? It does not make sense. look at the references of bomberman's colors.
This says "Unused" because it dosen't appear in this game. ("Garbage Tiles" in row 2)
This "Random 1 pixel-wide spaces" is intentional, because this will differentiate bomberman's animations.
This rock is cut off, because the original rom didn't have it, and it's not even used.
I just realized that the minimized version is literally the original graphics being reduced to a colour depth of 4-bit (16 colours), which means it's not acceptable for the site.

Therefore I used the sprites from the first picture to showcase what an acceptable sheet looks like:
[Image: 0htkBUz.png]
Of course you can go the extra mile and put them in grid boxes and give them 8x8 spaces between each box, which would look even cleaner.

Anyway, it still has issues you have to fix or check out:
[Image: 93Y0am3.png]

Quote:you are saying palette as "Scrambled Garbage tile" in row 1?
A result of colour reduction.
Quote:This says "Unused" because it dosen't appear in this game.
I can't even read this.
Quote:This "Random 1 pixel-wide spaces" is intentional, because this will differentiate bomberman's animations.
It looks really weird, since you made a sheet that looks like it's supposed to be viewed with a grid function.
Quote:This rock is cut off, because the original rom didn't have it, and it's not even used.
Actually it's not, that was a mistake on my part. Every frame of the rock fits fine within a 16x16 grid.

Edit:
I think the additional line below the one Bomberman head belongs to the top of the other Bomberman expression.
The other 3 heads still miss part of their outline, though.
(06-21-2023, 06:34 PM)BarackĀ Obama Wrote: [ -> ]I just realized that the minimized version is literally the original graphics being reduced to a colour depth of 4-bit (16 colours), which means it's not acceptable for the site.

Therefore I used the sprites from the first picture to showcase what an acceptable sheet looks like:
[Image: 0htkBUz.png]
Of course you can go the extra mile and put them in grid boxes and give them 8x8 spaces between each box, which would look even cleaner.

Anyway, it still has issues you have to fix or check out:
[Image: 93Y0am3.png]

Quote:you are saying palette as "Scrambled Garbage tile" in row 1?
A result of colour reduction.
Quote:This says "Unused" because it dosen't appear in this game.
I can't even read this.
Quote:This "Random 1 pixel-wide spaces" is intentional, because this will differentiate bomberman's animations.
It looks really weird, since you made a sheet that looks like it's supposed to be viewed with a grid function.
Quote:This rock is cut off, because the original rom didn't have it, and it's not even used.
Actually it's not, that was a mistake on my part. Every frame of the rock fits fine within a 16x16 grid.

Edit:
I think the additional line below the one Bomberman head belongs to the top of the other Bomberman expression.
The other 3 heads still miss part of their outline, though.

1. you messed up this spritesheet. (like missing lines among bomberman)
2. I was meant the rock animation is cut off, not sprite.
This will be it
Ah, I really did. Welp, at least I noticed and pointed it out.

Anyway, new sheet looks fine.