The VG Resource

Full Version: need help opening/viewing models in SMG2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've downloaded all the files from my Super Mario Galaxy 2 ISO, but since all the models are in .arc format and not .brres format I'm not sure how to view them with the guide pinned on this board. is there a specific program used for this?

In fact, is there a decent guide on extracting models from Wii games that use the .arc format for their object files? I have heard of BrawlCrate/BrawlBox but I'm not sure how to use it to view models.

any help would be appreciated!
If you download Switch Toolbox, you should be able to view or open the models there by double-clicking the respective .ARC file. I wouldn't use it for exporting models; the results are somewhat janky. I hope this helps!

DJ~
(05-05-2023, 01:31 AM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote: [ -> ]If you download Switch Toolbox, you should be able to view or open the models there by double-clicking the respective .ARC file. I wouldn't use it for exporting models; the results are somewhat janky. I hope this helps!

DJ~

I messed around with it a little bit and I think I got it working! so thank you for sharing that Smile

I would still like to know what program I could use to potentially export models, I haven't done anything like that before but I want to try exporting models from SMG2 to be uploaded on TMR!
(and ig if I end up not being able to do that I can still export the models for my own personal use~)
(05-10-2023, 12:01 PM)xSuperMario64x Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2023, 01:31 AM)DJ_Fox11 Wrote: [ -> ]If you download Switch Toolbox, you should be able to view or open the models there by double-clicking the respective .ARC file. I wouldn't use it for exporting models; the results are somewhat janky. I hope this helps!

DJ~

I messed around with it a little bit and I think I got it working! so thank you for sharing that Smile

I would still like to know what program I could use to potentially export models, I haven't done anything like that before but I want to try exporting models from SMG2 to be uploaded on TMR!
(and ig if I end up not being able to do that I can still export the models for my own personal use~)

I've been doing some digging and have come across a program that should help with the exporting proccess. You can find it here. I hope this also helps!

DJ~