The VG Resource

Full Version: Know any Computer sprite ripping tools?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to rip sprites and assets from a PC game but I don't know how to rip the sprites from it. There is only a .cfg file, a .vox audio file an .EXE file (two of them one is for window screen settings the other is the game) and a readme.txt (no importent), I've already tried UtinyRipper and that did nothing. any input would be nice. I am mainly doing this for exercise for future games and rips. Thank you -StarmanElite
try dragonripper
(04-07-2023, 07:25 AM)Grounder Wrote: [ -> ]try dragonripper

I tried looking it up but I only found detective books. do you have a link or a more specific name that you could go by. Please and thank you. -StarmanElite
The problem with PC ripping is that the methods are so vast that it might be better to know the exact game that you're ripping from. There are still games that the method of getting the graphics are unknown.

I think the tool that was mentioned is supposed to be Dragon UnPACKer that can be found here. After installing and load it up, click on the Open icon and find the exe file of the game that you want to rip. This will show the HyperRipper where it tries to find any file formats and hopefully able to extract something out of it.

As a warning though, there are still no guarantees that you'll find what you're looking for. There is a compatibility list on what games are supported but do recall that it supports a bit more than it says, usually mobile games or even a few console games that have jpegs hidden away in the ROM. Sadly it seems to be abandoned without a single update since 2014.

(Out of curiosity, the game that I was trying to rip from is Microsoft Golf and that one has the graphics inside the exe. No luck for that one, only managed to find something using TileGGD but seems to be upside down and don't think all of it displays either...)