The VG Resource

Full Version: Lunar Knights (DS) help with Tinke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I'm normally a sound ripper, so forgive me for my ignorance when it comes to sprite ripping.

I'm currently trying to rip some sprites from Lunar Knights on the Nintendo DS. I want to use Tinke for it and have been following the steps in this tutorial, but I can't find any files that are actually sprites. Can't find any .NCLR, NCBR, or .NCER files. Where are sprites normally kept in DS directories?

There's a screenshot of the game's internal folders in an attachment, but I'll list them here too:
  • data
  • icon
  • movie
  • sound
  • srl
  • st
  • ftc

Can someone give me a quick rundown of where graphics files are normally kept in DS games? Thanks.
Can you list the file extensions of the data within the folders?

Btw maybe this could help too:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41004...74553.html
Thread full of tools, maybe some of them come in handy.
(03-09-2023, 04:06 PM)BarackĀ Obama Wrote: [ -> ]Can you list the file extensions of the data within the folders?

Btw maybe this could help too:
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41004...74553.html
Thread full of tools, maybe some of them come in handy.

Update: I've used GLintercept to take the sprites from the first chapter of the game, but it's approximately 13 hours long so idk if I want to play the whole thing to rip them all. Plus, it only rips so many of the sprites, and leaves a lot out.

As for the file types:
  • data holds filedata.dat
  • icon holds a .nbfc and a .nbfp for the game's DS icon
  • movie holds .vx files of the game's anime cutscenes
  • sound holds three .sdat files of the game's sounds
  • srl holds something called "mb_battle_test01.srl"
  • st holds a bunch of "compress" files named A, A1, A2, B, B1, B2, all the way to Z1. when opened with Tinke, the compress files yield a single file with the same name (e.g. A makes A) but no extension. I don't know what to do with these mystery files.
  • ftc holds a bunch of files name overlay9_0 to overlay9_70 with no extensions, though Tinke identifies them as system files (with a little gear icon). then there's a rom.nds and some .bin files.

Hope this all makes sense and is somewhat helpful. If I had to guess, I'd say st probably holds the sprites, but I don't know what to do with the files.