The VG Resource

Full Version: Export shaded models from Blender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi people,
I've been ripping some models from Alice Madness Returns lately, using Umodel to extract the game files and Blender to work on theĆ¹. However, I am unsure about how to have a final file that I can submit here. Exporting the finished model from blender into either .obj or .dae I end up with textures not acting the way I want them to. For example, applying secular maps works as intended in blender, but the exported file doesn't apply them it as such, making the colors absolutely awful in some cases. Also, close to every node used for shading disappear when exporting, including when they are absolutely necessary (for example, transparent or translucent textures). So, to summarize, i don't manage to have final products worthy of being submitted here.
How should I export from blender in a way that fits this site's requirements, and that keep the intended appearance of the model? I saw (here https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/lates..._info.html ) that normal map nodes are conversion-friendly, among a few other nodes. Should I as much as possible avoid using specular maps that are not supported, and just stick to the diffuse/normal maps combo?
thanks in advance for your insight!
Everyone knows and accepts that materials don't import/export well. As long as all the textures are included and the main colour texture is on, it's fine. You can always throw together a readme file with instructions on how to get the material as desired.
Noted, thank you :') it's a bit frustrating tbh, feels like I rushed things, but at the same time if everybody agrees and things are clear, well why not *shrugs*