The VG Resource

Full Version: 3D Ace Ventura PC Game File Format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am wanting to rip model and sounds from a few games from Brilliant Digital Entertainment that were in 3D from the late 90s and can use DirectX technologies but I think could also use software rendering, with one of them being this Ace Ventura game. The files from "BDE/Game/" ".bhf", ".map", ".nav" with the ones from "BDE/Resource/Game/" are the same but instead of a ".nav" file there's a ".dat". In my specific example the BHF file from the first directory is the largest at 11.3MB which I suspect is the main archive. Other files that I've mentioned other than the first ".bhf" file range from around 280 bytes to 72kb. Tried ripping with DirectX model dumpers like Ninja Ripper, and 3D Ripper DX but none worked for the games.

For files in the first directory, the top of "Ace.bhf" is a string that says "ACE.CHR". Inside "Ace.map" I can see string at 000000C0 is "100B_ACE_HEAD_.SYN" with a little after it "PLAQUE01.S3D". As for the files inside of that Resource folder one file "resource.dat" has various mentions of BMP files in it's short length like "ACESS=A.BMP" "RESF.STR" and other files in it with the same name that is ".nav" ".pls" ".mes".

Should I attach the files for examination?