The VG Resource

Full Version: Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a few questions from the pros here with more experience than I do with the site. I've been ripping assets from the Japanese version of Octopath: CotC and did a big upload a few weeks back (https://www.spriters-resource.com/mobile...continent/

For those not familiar with the gacha, there were 64 initial units divided into 3, 4, and 5 star rarities. These are further segmented by eight classes (Warrior, Thief, Apothecary, Cleric, Hunter, Merchant, Dancer, Scholar). Most of the newly released characters in the gacha are 5 star units, so that's the category that will grow the most. I initially just lumped all the sprites into a Playable Characters category, but it looks really disorganized and hard to sort through. I've got a few questions with all that background in mind. 

(1) Would it be better to organize the sprites by Rarity or by Class? I'm leaning towards Class, but would appreciate thoughts. There are also some collab units (Nier Automata, Bravely Default & Triangle Strategy) that could be broken out by separate categories. Thinking about the average user of the website, I'm assuming that fans of those games looking for those specific units would be helped by having those as separate categories. Thoughts? 

(2) How would I go about changing the category of the sheets I've already uploaded? 

(3) In the global release some of the characters names have been changed from the Japanese release. Should I go ahead and upload everything from JP to date and just use the unofficial translations of the names or wait as the units are released in global? 

(4) Since JP was released two years before global, there could also be some potential story spoilers if I uploaded certains sprite as a "playable characters". What's the community's thoughts on spoilers? For my opinion, if someone is on the site, they're looking for sprites and wouldn't necessarily care for spoilers, but I wanted to be respectful of the community's guidelines if the mods were against that sort of thing. 

(5) Is there a way to change/upload multiple files at once? I have about 60 unit sheets left to upload from JP, 155 portraits, and 550 or so monster sprites. Is there a way to batch upload by category? I thought about doing a zip for the monsters and portraits, but that'd require a new zip upload any time there's a new character/enemy. 

Thanks in advance for all the help.
3) I would wait, it's less work for both sides since every sheet needs another revision to rename them.

4) When you come here to look into the innards of video games, then of course you will see spoilers. I see no problem here.

5) Uploading multiple files at once isn't possible.