The VG Resource

Full Version: Wanting to locate and/or extract minimap sprites from Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've downloaded a complete ISO dump of Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, in hopes to extract the minimap sprites of the basegame courses (the DLC courses unfortunately don't seem to be dumped yet). I did find lots of image files, but nearly all of them are textures or effects. I couldn't find character portraits, nor menu icons, HUD elements, or what I was most interested in: the course minimaps.

I did find lots of BIN files (including one labeled "minimap_param"), so I was wondering if perhaps those remaining sprites are stored in one of them. However, I was unable to extract those BIN files: not with 7-Zip, or WinRAR, or even other programs that can extract ISO files. So I don't know what to do with those. I also found PAC files, but I couldn't extract those either.

I'm generally certain the course maps have to be in the dump somewhere, and that the BIN files are able to be extracted in some way or another; after all, the sprites currently uploaded to the Spriter's Resource have to come from a dump like this one; and since I couldn't find these sprites, then I take that they had to be extracted from certain BIN files (or maybe another archive file). But again, I cannot extract them, and I couldn't find the minimaps anywhere else, so I was hoping someone could help me with it. Do I need a specific program to extract the BIN files? Or am I supposed to look in another folder?