The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping from Touhou Lost Word
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I have a bunch of questions about ripping sprites from Touhou Lost Word! The list of characters on the page is currently outdated, so I wanted to do it myself without wasting anyone else's time with my request, but also, with what I'm planning on doing, it leads me to a ton more questions.

First and foremost- I saw a mention of 'Data.vdh,' and that I just needed Asset Studio Gui in order to get everything. I've gotten everything installed over Bluestacks 4, but have no clue as to how to reach it properly. Can someone give me a detailed process...? I've also tried extracting the sdcard/android/data file, but got an error saying that Bluestacks wasn't able to. I've tried setting it to Admin and nothing worked either.

And now to the post- 'knowing things' - part. Nervous

If I'm even able to get sprites ripped in the first place, am I allowed to post sprites of characters who aren't shown to be playable yet? Generally, playable characters have a Homescreen sprite- even the ones that are just currently only available in cutscenes. As I mentioned in my Request Post, there was a huge leak of characters who hadn't even been given playable forms yet, and I was wondering if I was allowed to post anything implying they were so much as playable on here, mostly due to the strict rules of the community.

And with that being said, if I find the actual player sprites for said un-added characters, should I upload them as well? 

Thanks in advance. I genuinely hope to do more work with ya'll- and I hope to upload those sprite sheets as soon as I figure out how!

QUICK UPDATE: Found out how to rip the sprites. The question is if I'm allowed to upload spoiler characters.
This video was a huge help with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1bIKwL-...l=S.Makkus