The VG Resource

Full Version: A Nefarious Creature Appears!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I've been submitting for a while but I never paid much mind to the forums. Realised I should probably make the most of such a massive resource! 

My name's Slipsy, and I love Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet & Clank. A lot. Too much. It's my love for him that brought me to the ripping community! I rip a bit of everything, mainly focusing on models, though I have ripped sounds and sprites before and intend to submit more textures in the future too! Naturally, my focus is on the Ratchet & Clank series, though I rip from other Playstation games too, notably the Wipeout series right now. I also touch on PC games, such as the Borderlands and Five Nights at Freddy's series. Anything that takes my fancy, really! I'm (probably rather obviously) neurodivergent so my hyperfixations and my special interests drive my ripping work. 

My strengths lie in 3D model work, as I am both a 2D and 3D artist. I may not be fond of rig and animation related things, but I enjoy material work, sorting and assigning textures, and I have recently been learning how to read 3D models and create Noesis plugins to export them, which is very fun! I'm not much of a programmer, but seeing the models come together makes me very happy. In the same vein, I also love using Texturefinder and Rawtex to rip images as the process of aligning the resolution of an image, finding the right colour format, etc. is very satisfying to me.

For the most part I brute force things by myself, since I'm happy to repeat tedious processes for hours at a time rather than have to ask someone else how to batch process. However I'm aware that this is a bad mindset, and so I may begin reaching out in this forum from time to time to ask for help with the things I'm working on. I'd love to be able to show my progress learning the best ways to rip!
Hi, i also am a R&C fan, i'm stuck on ripping the ps4 game, and i wish learn how to rip the ps3 games
(09-04-2022, 10:18 AM)Smakkohooves Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i also am a R&C fan, i'm stuck on ripping the ps4 game, and i wish learn how to rip the ps3 games

Oh yeah, I've seen you on the forums before! I'd love to work on the PS4 game but I don't have the game on my PC to mess with :( PS3 game ripping is long winded and complicated, and a lot of it has to be manually cleaned up, so I wouldn't recommend learning it, haha. So much work...