The VG Resource

Full Version: Where is Popple's voice in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew where Popple's voice is located in the files for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. The issue I'm having is I'm scouring the Snd/Stream and I'm not finding Popple's voice at all. I couldn't find the talk voices either so I gave up on those, but I REALLY want to find Popple's voice. I know he has a voice too, and it sounds like this - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1la7mC4z...sp=sharing which I took from a video, which I tried removing the background music from the video and it became distorted so I can't have his laugh clip that way. I could probably try hacking the game and editing it so Popple and Rookie's battle theme is muted, but that'd take a while to get to the battle with the music muted.

I don't know if there is some kind of second location for audio files or not, but if there is a second location for audio files in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, I can't really begin to guess what it is as I've searched every possible folder I could even ones that didn't make sense, unless this game has a similar hidden files thing to what Smash 3DS has, then in that case, is there some kind of batch file I can use to unhide the hidden files so I can access Popple's voice clip? If I knew where Popple's voice was located, that's all I need to know, I can probably easily rip it myself when I get there.
(05-27-2022, 08:11 PM)LarryKoopa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew where Popple's voice is located in the files for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. The issue I'm having is I'm scouring the Snd/Stream and I'm not finding Popple's voice at all. I couldn't find the talk voices either so I gave up on those, but I REALLY want to find Popple's voice. I know he has a voice too, and it sounds like this - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1la7mC4z...sp=sharing which I took from a video, which I tried removing the background music from the video and it became distorted so I can't have his laugh clip that way. I could probably try hacking the game and editing it so Popple and Rookie's battle theme is muted, but that'd take a while to get to the battle with the music muted.

I don't know if there is some kind of second location for audio files or not, but if there is a second location for audio files in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, I can't really begin to guess what it is as I've searched every possible folder I could even ones that didn't make sense, unless this game has a similar hidden files thing to what Smash 3DS has, then in that case, is there some kind of batch file I can use to unhide the hidden files so I can access Popple's voice clip? If I knew where Popple's voice was located, that's all I need to know, I can probably easily rip it myself when I get there.

Looks like it could be in the SndDat.bcsar file. I think there's a tool called Citric Composer that might help you, otherwise I can try to get the sounds manually.
(06-26-2022, 03:10 AM)CreativelyNamedUser Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-27-2022, 08:11 PM)LarryKoopa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew where Popple's voice is located in the files for Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions. The issue I'm having is I'm scouring the Snd/Stream and I'm not finding Popple's voice at all. I couldn't find the talk voices either so I gave up on those, but I REALLY want to find Popple's voice. I know he has a voice too, and it sounds like this - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1la7mC4z...sp=sharing which I took from a video, which I tried removing the background music from the video and it became distorted so I can't have his laugh clip that way. I could probably try hacking the game and editing it so Popple and Rookie's battle theme is muted, but that'd take a while to get to the battle with the music muted.

Looks like it could be in the SndDat.bcsar file. I think there's a tool called Citric Composer that might help you, otherwise I can try to get the sounds manually.

Citric Composer! Thanks so much, I'll get Citric Composer and see if I can get Popple's laugh out of the SndDad.bscar file, maybe even get the dialogue voices as well since I've been wanting those.

EDIT: That was the case, I found Popple's voice and I even found he has more voice clips! Thanks so much!