The VG Resource

Full Version: Question about model icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of recently, I've begun making the small icon for my custom models animated. This seemed to be fine the first couple times I did it, the model was approved with the animated icon. So I decided to adopt a turntable format for icons going forward. But my last two submissions had the animation removed from the icon when they were approved. I just want to know where it's acceptable and where not, if it wasn't just an error of course.

These were the icons I originally included with these models (the interpolation is to avoid edge pixels being white from GIF limitations):

Star Rod:
[Image: K76Czhf.gif]

Mimi:
[Image: MJgCUsF.gif]
I don't get why it would have been removed, it looks nice with the model rotating in the preview. Was the spinning icon on both sizes of the icon?
No just the small icon. I didn't do it with the large icon since I've never seen anyone else use an animated big icon.
not involved, but maybe it's a filesize thing? gifs tend to be huge and there's potentially a lot of small icons on a game page