The VG Resource

Full Version: Lucky Fighter is being difficult in terms of ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I've been trying to get the sprites from Lucky Fighter II/Lucky x Ika 3X, everything seems to be available except the sprites of the fighters, only one I've been able to find is Konata and even then it was through an old Mugen mod.

The first issue is that either Lucky Fighter hates Screenget or Screenget hates Lucky Fighter, when I want to try and record it it'll only ever save one frame, then never record anything else, I could switch to a different stage with different characters and it'll only ever record the one frame.

[Image: thingaring.gif]

The second issue is that the files are very strangely done, I don't think I've ever seen these file types used until now, especially used in the way that they are. I've got no info on either how to crack these files or record the game to get sprites, furthest I've gotten is using Screentogif but it takes a giant dip in quality and the colors are messed up.

[Image: Screenshot_2022-03-08_110936.png]

Kinda just looking to see if anyone has leads on either method
Can't really help you here but the sprites you're looking for are probably in the CHAR.SFP file. MAYBE in CHAR.RSP or char.sfc. If I were you I'd upload the files, someone may fiddle around with it. My guess is they use some sort of compression though

Also if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure Mugen sprites are not alowed?
(03-08-2022, 06:26 PM)Firejoker54 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't really help you here but the sprites you're looking for are probably in the CHAR.SFP file. MAYBE in CHAR.RSP or char.sfc. If I were you I'd upload the files, someone may fiddle around with it. My guess is they use some sort of compression though

Also if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure Mugen sprites are not alowed?

I'll upload some of those files then, also idk where people would stand on this because there's literally no other archive Konata's sprites anywhere else, and Lucky Fighter isn't a Mugen game

Don't know how I'll be able to upload the files without it looking suspicious and getting banned or something
Put them in a .zip and upload them on a file sharing site (Mediafire or something)
As long as you don't share the whole game you're not gonna get into trouble
(03-08-2022, 07:23 PM)Firejoker54 Wrote: [ -> ]Put them in a .zip and upload them on a file sharing site (Mediafire or something)
As long as you don't share the whole game you're not gonna get into trouble

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sjEE8f1...sp=sharing

Using google drive just because it's what I'm used to for sharing other things, these are just Kagami's files too
(Again please note that I'm not knowledgeable in file/data information mumbo jumbo, I only know how search for PNG images in a file)
Checked the files. As I tought CHAR.SFP had graphics. Thankfully they're uncompressed but there are no character sprites. Only Kagami's portraits and effects.
Was there another folder with more files?

EDIT:
[Image: aTRexk8.png]
(03-08-2022, 09:15 PM)Firejoker54 Wrote: [ -> ](Again please note that I'm not knowledgeable in file/data information mumbo jumbo, I only know how search for PNG images in a file)
Checked the files. As I tought CHAR.SFP had graphics. Thankfully they're uncompressed but there are no character sprites. Only Kagami's portraits and effects.
Was there another folder with more files?

EDIT:
[Image: aTRexk8.png]

I can only really think of the .pal files of things just in Kagami's files, my other guesses would be the VS.SFP file in char, or something in the system folder due to that being where most sprites are located, other than that my only other guess is the Select.SFW[Image: Screenshot_2022-03-08_204920.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2022-03-08_204754.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2022-03-08_205159.png]
100% sure the .pal files only have palette data, no graphics. They're only 1kb each after all.
I'd think VS.SFP is more likely to have something but give me a link to both if you can
(03-08-2022, 10:16 PM)Firejoker54 Wrote: [ -> ]100% sure the .pal files only have palette data, no graphics. They're only 1kb each after all.
I'd think VS.SFP is more likely to have something but give me a link to both if you can

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U0tud43...sp=sharing

The VS file is in there, but I included Kagami's folder just in case
Nope, no more luck. Just VS menu assets. Either they're compressed in the .RSP/.SFP/.sfc files or somehow stored elsewhere altogether. Either way I can't really help you unfortunetely :/
(03-08-2022, 11:02 PM)Firejoker54 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, no more luck. Just VS menu assets. Either they're compressed in the .RSP/.SFP/.sfc files or somehow stored elsewhere altogether. Either way I can't really help you unfortunetely :/

Oh, damn, that sucks, well, thank you for helping anyway