The VG Resource

Full Version: Help with PS2 Duplicates!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've successfully ripped a few models from the PS2 game The Adventures of Cookie & Cream (or Kuri Kuri Mix for anyone outside the US) but I'm having some trouble, seeing as PS2 games have this tendency to rip duplicates of the model inside of each other, I just need some advice or help on getting rid of that for a cleaner rip. I'll include some photos of what I mean as well. Thanks!
I recently started capturing PCSX2 and was suffering from similar issues.
The solution I found is to open obj in 3dsmax before using PCSX2 Model Converter. PCSX2 ModelConverter puts everything together in one group, but the source obj doesn't.

The duplicate model is captured because it is apparently captured in 2 frames. On 3dsmax, deleting all unnecessary frame meshes will solve the problem. The frame number is prefixed at the beginning.
(01-24-2022, 04:35 AM)einherjar007 Wrote: [ -> ]I recently started capturing PCSX2 and was suffering from similar issues.
The solution I found is to open obj in 3dsmax before using PCSX2 Model Converter. PCSX2 ModelConverter puts everything together in one group, but the source obj doesn't.

The duplicate model is captured because it is apparently captured in 2 frames. On 3dsmax, deleting all unnecessary frame meshes will solve the problem. The frame number is prefixed at the beginning.

That's incredibly helpful, thank you so much! I'll try this and see how it goes!