The VG Resource

Full Version: Diddy Kong Racing | How do I get started ripping Sounds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I'd like to try and rip sounds from Diddy Kong Racing for Nintendo 64, so I can get the voice clips for T.T. What current techniques are there for ripping n64 sounds?
(01-11-2022, 08:36 PM)CessIsTheBest Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'd like to try and rip sounds from Diddy Kong Racing for Nintendo 64, so I can get the voice clips for T.T. What current techniques are there for ripping n64 sounds?

Easiest method is recording from the sound test. That or turning the music volume all the way down in settings. Can you do that in this game?
(01-26-2022, 07:56 PM)SteamyJ Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2022, 08:36 PM)CessIsTheBest Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I'd like to try and rip sounds from Diddy Kong Racing for Nintendo 64, so I can get the voice clips for T.T. What current techniques are there for ripping n64 sounds?

Easiest method is recording from the sound test. That or turning the music volume all the way down in settings. Can you do that in this game?
Are you trying to rip the n64 or nds version ? 
For nds use this tool : 
https://github.com/vgmtrans/vgmtrans/releases
 Drag an drop the rom on the program and you can export the sf2 and midi files . The wav files will be on the left hand bar.

For n64 sounds use the n64 sound tool: N64-Tools/N64 Sound Tool/N64SoundListToolUpdated at master · jombo23/N64-Tools · GitHub
 Click the green code button and click download zip. once you extracted the files. Go to n64 tools ( the folder you made ) / n64 midi tool / release .  Double click n64miditool.exe . Once it loads you will have a tab for game titles. Make sure you click the propper game name and build version. Than, load your n64 rom into the software . Once, it finished loading the midi data you can export the midi and wav files to a new folder , 

If you have issues feel free to let me know and I'll help you out the best I can .