The VG Resource

Full Version: Risk of Rain 2 model ripping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been trying to rip some models from Risk of Rain 2, and i could rip the meshes and the textures just fine by themselves (thanks to AssetStudioGUI), but whenever i tried to rip the entire model for a character (as an .fbx file, with all the textures and the armature included), i'm always met with a heavily distorted model that i can't in any way work with. I tried checking if it was a weird initial frame of the animation, but moving the timeline leaves me with the same distorted model.

I tried to rip a model from another game to see if i did something wrong or if it was an AssetStudio problem, but i could use the .fbx file just fine (although it didn't come with the textures, but those i could easily find in the files), with a working armature and everything.

Now i don't know if the problem is with the game itself, the unity version of the game or if there's something else to it.

I did try to rig an armature myself, but it had a few imperfections and i wanted to confront it with the original model to try and see what i did wrong.