The VG Resource

Full Version: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts completely flops in the USA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://kotaku.com/5140653/fable-ii-banjo...lk--cheese
Quote:Sales data released by the NPD Group today reveals that the games' experience on store shelves couldn't have been more diffierent. Fable II was a surprising success, by January 1 selling a respectable 1.2 million copies in the US. Not too shabby.

But Banjo? Seems Rare's stab at innovation by introducing customisable vehicles to the game was a flop with consumers, as the game had only sold a meagre 140,000 copies by new year's day. Eek.
Looks like those vehicles didn't work after all. I knew the game wouldn't be a love/hate situation, but I didn't expect the sales figures to be this atrocious.

Then again, you got a HUGE problem with a game when the main hub world is praised to be the most fun part about it.
osm shutup
the only reason the game flopped is that the average consumer has no fucking clue what banjo and kazooie are
That's a crock load of shit my boy, the sales for BK on XBLA are doing immensely better then Nuts and Bolts is right now.
It really is a shame. Everyone I know who've played this one really enjoys it. If Nuts and Bolts were on the Wii, it would've sold better. This is a fact.
Like I said, it's a love it/hate it game. Rare took a gamble with this one, and it didn't work out so well.

You have to remember though, this is only the sales figures for the USA, it probably did better in other regions. It broke in about 2% of the market. Rare definitely had to of made some good money off of it regardless.

I can either see Rare continuing to push Banjo because of Tooie's release on XBLA soon, and the next one will be either a merge of platforming and vehicles or a return to roots. If they made another vehicle based game it would be an incredibly stupid move at this point. The game made itself obvious that it was merely an experiment anyway.
(01-28-2009, 03:47 PM)OSM Wrote: [ -> ]That's a crock load of shit my boy, the sales for BK on XBLA are doing immensely better then Nuts and Bolts is right now.

before getting my nintendo 64 in like 2005 i had never heard of banjo and kazooie
going around the streets you wont find very many people that have played it
Probably because the franchise is about 10 years old by now, and vehicles weren't what we all remembered playing with back in the day.

Nuts and Bolts is a one of a kind game, I think in the future it'll be considered a sleeper hit or at the very least, the black sheep of the franchise.
(01-28-2009, 03:47 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: [ -> ]It really is a shame. Everyone I know who've played this one really enjoys it. If Nuts and Bolts were on the Wii, it would've sold better. This is a fact.

Just because the game could have been on a different system doesn't mean it will sell better then it would have on the 360.
I have this game and I love it. The best part is being creative with over 100 parts to choose from to make something for all of the diffirent challenges you have to go thru. The thing that I miss the most was that they couldn't use there moves from the past 2 games I think when they took those out it some of that classic banjo feel to it. Another thing is that they should've put parts boxes to find in the game worlds not just showdown town.

I think if they do another game with the vehicle parts is that they should use them less and have banjo and kazooie with there old moves or have you use them 50/50
(01-28-2009, 04:09 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2009, 03:47 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: [ -> ]It really is a shame. Everyone I know who've played this one really enjoys it. If Nuts and Bolts were on the Wii, it would've sold better. This is a fact.

Just because the game could have been on a different system doesn't mean it will sell better then it would have on the 360.

the audience is different of the wii
it would have been directed towards younger folks and would have indeed sold better on the wii
I always get some sadistic pleasure in seeing Rare fail, I don't know why. So I'm loving this news many times.
it failed because it's not Banjo and Kazooie. it's diddy kong racing; banjo edition
Rare had been destined for failure since they were sold. With the exception of those Pinatas...
In my opinion they should make the fact that BK and BT on XBLA exist, and see if the general audience enjoy them more then N&B. I've heard the sales for BK are doing swimmingly, and the green light to release BT in April is an obvious sign of things going well. They have the window to make a platformer, and they proved they can do it with Showdown Town.
People just don't like the idea of it, I mean, I played it for a bit and hated it, but I just kept playing and eventually liked it a lot.
I think that it may have sold more if it wasn't Banjo Kazooie, but maybe a new character(s), 'cause I still think Banjo & Kazooie would be better off in their old style adventure.
Pages: 1 2