The VG Resource

Full Version: Help ripping mario kart wii bikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey so this is my second time attempting to rip something, i've found it pretty easy to rip from mario sunshine, but, using the same switch toolbox tool, I am perplexed why I can't look at models from mario kart wii, I import .szs into the editor any file labeled bike, but all there is is one .ikp and a bunch of .brres hexadecimal files. I can't find the models to save me!
Can you lend a sample file?
(07-06-2021, 05:12 PM)DogToon64 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you lend a sample file?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Q--ZNI...sp=sharing
I did get a look at it with brawlbox but the uvs are messed up upon extraction, really dissapointing too, cuz the model looks fine in the preview
that's cause Mario Kart Wii has textures set as mirrored, so in any 3d tool, you'll have to set it as mirrored instead of repeat.
does anyone know how to do that in blender?
In Blender, you'll have to go into the Shading workspace, open the "Armature" hierarchy, and find the model's textures under the "Polygon" hierarchies:
[attachment=12439]

Next, go to the "Base Color" node, and change "Repeat" to "Extend", and the textures should look right:
[attachment=12441]

Hope it helps!