The VG Resource

Full Version: What makes it impossible to rip from Skylanders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I have been thinking about ways to open files from Skylanders games and get the models! Problem is, I can't! I have looked at three games, Swap-Force, Trap Team and Superchragers Racing (all on Wii). SF had .PAK files that I STILL can't figure out how to open! TT had .ARC files with .IGZ model files and SR had .PKZ files! I see that these are confusing formats and all, but people figure out scripts and such for almost everything! So why is it impossible to rip from Skylanders? What is the cause?
Before saying it was impossible, did you research information about these files?

Well, here's something that might be helpful for you:
Here there seems to be a script for quickbms that seems to be able to extract them and here is a tool that might work for these games.
(06-30-2021, 03:42 PM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: [ -> ]Before saying it was impossible, did you research information about these files?

Well, here's something that might be helpful for you:
Here there seems to be a script for quickbms that seems to be able to extract them and here is a tool that might work for these games.

I actually did A LOT of research and I did find this tool, but for some reason, It will NOT run on my computer. It always gives me a error and doesn't start! I also found some scripts but either, I am using it wrong or they don't work on these files! Do you know how to use quickBMS? Thank you for your response!
You can find tutorials on how to use Quickbms on the Internet, like this video.
As for the other program that doesn't work on your computer, post the error it has.
(06-30-2021, 05:20 PM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: [ -> ]You can find tutorials on how to use Quickbms on the Internet, like this video.
As for the other program that doesn't work on your computer, post the error it has.

Well, I decided that these files might have the same extention but they are not the same. The .PAK file is supported by Switch Toolbox, however, It can not open it! Same goes for the IGZ file and the PKZ file. They seem to be exclusive to Skylanders, so until someone writes those a dedicated script, it will be impossible to open them! So in the end, even if I got the program running, it wouldn't open the files as they are a different file type disguised as .Igz and .PAK and .PKZ. Thank you anyway for your time!  Smile