The VG Resource

Full Version: Holomodels- Help with conversion/ripping!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, long time no see everyone! I'm back with another difficult challenge in model ripping to solve!

[Image: img-06.png]

This time, the same group of friends and I are attempting to rip a model of Kamui Gackpo (above) we paid to use from an AR posing app called Holomodels. We've managed to once again isolate the file we're looking for and identify it using a hex editor, but that's where the fun ends.

The hex editor spit out UnityFS and 5.x.x.2019.4.21f1, so we know which Unity it's using.

The file is an encrypted mobile _data file, which means it's very unlikely we can convert it to a usable format with any tools. While looking into the file, my friend Mole noticed that TextAsset was coming up for both of the items displayed, which isn't a model, but the file size still matches a typical 3D model of this type.

Is it even possible to get the model out, or should we consider an alternate route of extracting the model? We want to export and rig it for use with Unity + VRChat as well as MMD.

I can provide example files if needed, but thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!
You can try using AssetStudio, if it doesn't work post some sample files.
(06-30-2021, 05:25 PM)Tuliopilloto Wrote: [ -> ]You can try using AssetStudio, if it doesn't work post some sample files.

I believe that was one of the methods we tried, which was what led us to finding out it was encrypted.

Here's a sample file. I've provided the raw along with what AssetStudio managed to extract, I'm not sure what can be done with this.