The VG Resource

Full Version: What's the BEST way to rip Wii models?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been going after the Wii for a while but everything is a little confusing and I need it in simple words. I'm using a 32 bit version of Dolphin. I saw the thing with the BRRES files but I have had no luck because the files were either ARC files with passwords or PAK files that won't open like a archive. So... what is the best, and the safest way to rip them? Thanks in advance.
Have you tried using BrawlCrate to open the .ARC files? I use it to rip models from New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
No, do you have a link to it? Also, thanks for the reply!
Thank you so much! I will get back to you after I try it out!

So after I got it installed and I open the file. What next?
It just shows the file name and the compression but not any other internal files. Im testing it on Rosalina's from Galaxy (rosetta.arc) but I don't see any internal files.
extract the arc using switch toolbox and then use it to export texturesand the intact bdl, then open the bdl using blemd in blender 2.79 so you'll have a rigged model

https://gofile.io/d/65m8g3 here is what i exported, if you want anything else and nedd help, feel free to dm me

BTW galaxy 2 rosalina is exactly the same as galaxy 1 except for a few animations being missing