The VG Resource

Full Version: need help extracting sprites from an NDS game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The game is called "Spectral Force: Genesis", and it mostly consists of plain texts and images.

I've been trying to rip this game for quite a long time, and no success at all.

Unpacking .NARC returns only a bunch of binary files. Nothing else. They are named with numbers that don't suggest anything on what they might be used for.

The only viewable image in the entire rom is just an error screen message. Now this is getting frustrating. What should I even do at this point?

[attachment=12341]

[attachment=12340]

[attachment=12339]

[attachment=12338]

[attachment=12337]
try decompressing the file, go to open as > tile, offsetting it by 272, then messing with the settings. seems they have some garbage at the starts n ends. not totally sure where the palettes are unfortunately, but they could be in the archives as well.

EDIT: the palettes might be at the end of the data for the images. for pics the size of the screen, opening the decompressed file as a palette and offsetting it by 49480 seems to work
(06-12-2021, 01:34 AM)D.M. Wrote: [ -> ]try decompressing the file, go to open as > tile, offsetting it by 272, then messing with the settings. seems they have some garbage at the starts n ends. not totally sure where the palettes are unfortunately, but they could be in the archives as well.

EDIT: the palettes might be at the end of the data for the images. for pics the size of the screen, opening the decompressed file as a palette and offsetting it by 49480 seems to work

Great, I'll try it.