The VG Resource

Full Version: Mr. L!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a drawing I made a while ago. [Image: mrlpl5.png]
where to start

first off... the brim on the cap is weird. it looks too... tall or something and not wide enough. next is the L on his hat is too rounded. third is the basic shading of all of it isnt that good, and the colors you used arent either. also... he looks anatomically incorrect or something. i dont know.
Ok then. The colors are from the actual picture so really they're supposed to look like that. Ok fixed that. Also I made it so it's a PNG. [Image: mrlqb1.png]
I think he meant that you could've done a better job in choosing the colours: normally, a good palette is a palette with no colours missing or no wasted colours, which work well togther. In your case, you could do with getting rid of some colours.
For the anatomy: Mr L's arms are in front of his torso: this is very unlikely to happen in real life. His hands seem detached, but that is due to the space wrist-level.
If you change these things on your pic, it'll look good.
also a good pallette is

not using mspaint defaults
I did not use "mspaint defaults" I used colors from a picture of Mr. L as I already said.
(01-25-2009, 07:03 PM)turgilator Wrote: [ -> ]also a good pallette is

not using mspaint defaults
Tut tut.
I've seen some pixelart with MSPaint default as colour palette, and I can tell you it's all up to skill and of the type of PA you do.
Quizzle just needs more practice with palettes.
OK I mde It so there is LESS shades, and also, looking at my reference picture i find that in Mr. L's world the hands are in front of the torso. [Image: mrl2pu9.th.png]
More contrast between them, or add a darker shade.
The arms are still hanging in front of Mr L's body, unlike on the ref.
Are you doing your own pose or are you following the reference's pose?
Is this going to be Paper Mario style?
I think now I will follow that pose. It won't be exactly Paper Mario style.
In that case you will need to change the arms.
I know that.
Most of the head needs changing too: the ears are too high (and not very visible), there's some excess skin in the neck, the hat is not quite the right shape, nor is the nose.
The body needs twisting.
Ok, I fixed most/all of the things you said and put him in a different pose. [Image: mrl2av3.th.png]
Where are his shoulders...?
Pages: 1 2