The VG Resource

Full Version: Help me peoples!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya guys, Lemon here. Just wanted to talk to you as I love ripping, but hate organising the sheets. I can do it easily, but I don't like how they turn out, and I get seriously OCD'ed about it! So could you guys help me, as it's the people who use the sprites who care how it looks. Tell me if anything would look better in a different colour, my tag different, or the boxes different, if you like it or not. Please help!

[Image: pirate-1.png]
Well, if I was to use this sheet, it would help to know what size the frames are.
The title could be in a more flashy colour, and the background a bit duller. It would be up to you how visible your tag should be, from being discreet to being a fresco. Personally I like the way you've set out the sheet, it's structured, I'm just not comfortable with the colours: you need to think about which colour compensates the other (red and green for example). I don't think I'm very clear but I hope you understand :/
I'm interested to see the new layout (if there is going to be one) Smile
Peronally speaking, the background colour is far too bright, and I think the boxes make the sprite sheet look cluttered.
The way I see it, is that the person using the sheet should be able to tell what each animation is (in theory they've played the game, and if not then they should recognise it from the frames), so there's no need for labels, and if there is, no need for the boxed seperation. I'll whip up an example of how I'd do it - Like I said, this is how I would do it, others can agree or disagree as they see fit.

EDIT:
Here we go;
[Image: lemonssheetpiratesarrrwh5.png]
That be how I'd do it.

Also important to note; I would make sure that the sprites are properly aligned; keep feet on the surface they should be. I think your rips weren't properly aligned. Also, you missed a coupla spots of light blue on the sprite that (I assume) shouldn't have been there. That's all from me.
Thanks. Next game I do, I'll change it. I'll just keep consistent about this game. I get really bad OCD about things like this, if you look at my Ranger rips, I think how I organisae the rips changed at least three times.
No problem.
Looking at your Ranger rips, I like the layout and how you've done it, much more than this pirate one. And... is it bad I honestly thought you meant Power Rangers when you talked about the Ranger rips? =x
Eep.
Which one did you prefer? The one where I used an inverted colour, or orange with white boxes?
I prefered these:
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww116/pttsr/Hero.png
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr320...barlow.png
The hero's background colour is nicer. The layout of both are nice, though I would put the pieces together and seperate.