The VG Resource

Full Version: Converting .bcwav files to viewable formats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, first off, I'd like to say this is my first post on VGResource, so if I'm breaking any rules in this post, I apologize and I would greatly appreciate it if you please let me know what I have done wrong.

I am attempting to upload audio files for a 3DS game to the Sounds Resource, and I have successfully obtained access to the location of the audio files, the only problem is that all the files are in .bcwav format, and despite my efforts of searching for a resource on this site and others, I cannot seem to find a way to convert .bcwav files to a viewable format, such as .mp3, .wav, or .ogg. The closest thing I have to a solution is the Foobar2000 program, which I do not know how to use. 

If you happen to know a solution, please answer it on this thread.

Thank you in advance!
You can use Foobar2000 and vgmstream Smile

EDIT: Never mind, I'm dumb. Tongue I just read your post where you said you don't know how.

I'll try to explain:

Foobar is like a Winamp of sorts: If you have VGMstream as a plugin, do File -> Add files/Folder, and select your bcwavs or the folder that has them. You'll get a list of supported files, being your bcwav's. Find the ones you want by playing them back, right-click'em and hit Convert, and choose WAV in the list of formats. VGMstream for Foobar is here:

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/vi..._vgmstream

Just click the download link and hit "open with Foobar2000".

It's that easy. Wink
(02-20-2021, 02:56 PM)Kold-Virus Wrote: [ -> ]You can use Foobar2000 and vgmstream Smile

Thank you! 

But how do I use them? Whenever I try to load a bcwav file in foobar2000, I get an error stating that the program doesn't support .bcwav files, and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to input files in vgmstream, or am I supposed to use them in conjunction? If so, how?
I'm sorry about the idiot comment lol. You replied before I was done editing my message. ^^^ I have instructions there.
(02-20-2021, 04:21 PM)Kold-Virus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry about the idiot comment lol. You replied before I was done editing my message. ^^^ I have instructions there.

Oh, it's fine. Thank you so much for your help!! Heart
You're SO welcome! Feel free to send me a DM anytime! Smile