The VG Resource

Full Version: Gordo (Super Mario Bros. 3 SNES-Style) Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I made these sprites last night of Gordo from Kirby, styling it like it's in the All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros. 3. Any thoughts on how it came out or if it even matches the style enough?
(01-25-2021, 05:28 PM)Lunar994 Wrote: [ -> ]So I made these sprites last night of Gordo from Kirby, styling it like it's in the All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros. 3. Any thoughts on how it came out or if it even matches the style enough?

Looks great to me!
These look pretty close to pillow shaded, but otherwise I don't really have much to complain about the form of these.
Yeah, these have a good shape, but the main body looks a bit pillow-y (where there is the same amount of shading on all sides with the brightest at the center). Try to choose a better direction from where the light source is coming from. In fact, look at the official sprites of the game use. Look at where the brightest color is used in them.
Thanks for the input. I actually did use the sprites as a reference, but I also see where it needs work (namely, the darkest grey doesn't point to the upper-left enough if that makes any sense). I'll see to it when I can.
Here's my fix.

EDIT: Actually, this is my fix.
MUCH better. Wink