The VG Resource

Full Version: my pixel art stockpile
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm kinda in a rough spot in personal life so i'm doing things besides drawing. it's been a hot minute since i last indulged in spriting but all of my pixels will go here!

to start: a small project that may be a future hack of Crystalis for NES! basically i'd like to change the protagonist into a gal, along with editing the text to suit pronouns and such, as well as modifying the other character sprite style if possible. below is a test run of how i imagine her looking, lmk what you think c:

enlarged:
[attachment=11541]
original:
[attachment=11542]
You have a good knack for choosing colors in your work.

I get how you feel with being in a rough spot, and I know it's hard. But I'm sure you'll find your stride and be able to produce more work on your whim.
Understand where you're coming from. Don't worry about rough spots, you'll plow on through. Smile
thanks y'all! most of my color choices come from the default photoshop swatches, hehehe

i'm doing better lately, some changes made me a tad anxious but i'm working my way outta the depressive slump! uvu
thought i'd draw my mascot/sona just to practice my illustration style with pixels
[Image: ded0th9-7db4f982-a27d-4785-9b19-0d94a4df...me-TEsF2HQ]
Not bad, but anatomy needs work. Don't take that as an insult, I still make flubs with anatomy at times, myself. Smile We are all learning.
What species is your character?
(01-27-2021, 01:54 AM)SmithyGCN Wrote: [ -> ]Not bad, but anatomy needs work. Don't take that as an insult, I still make flubs with anatomy at times, myself. Smile We are all learning.
What species is your character?

this was drawn without any kind of reference but also i meant for her to look chibi-ish. tho the legs look kinda weird haha

she's just an elf of some sort with a cute tail c:
Yeah, legs need work. Just keep plugging away.
An elf, eh? Interesting take on their race. Smile
(01-26-2021, 10:50 PM)miyabi95_ Wrote: [ -> ]thought i'd draw my mascot/sona just to practice my illustration style with pixels
Cute!
(01-26-2021, 10:50 PM)miyabi95_ Wrote: [ -> ]thought i'd draw my mascot/sona just to practice my illustration style with pixels
The face is super strong. though I think the eye to our left might be a little too high or the eye on our right is too low. But I love how charming the character is. It could use another pass of correcting some lines here and there but ultimately this is just really fun to look at.