The VG Resource

Full Version: Ninja Ripper causing Bugsnax to crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm at my wits end trying to get models from Bugsnax. I tried using Ninja Ripper, but nothing happened at first. I figured out that it was likely because the game uses DirectX 11, so I switched to that mode. But when I tried to run the game with the Ninja Ripper dll in it, it just crashes on startup. What am I doing wrong?!
bug Snax's models and textures are in the folder already there in the normal exstensions like png or obj
actually been having similar problems, not specifically with ninja ripper but with bugsnax.
the files don't exactly need to be ripped themselves since they're already out in the open in the "Models" folder, but i see a lot of .mtl and .objcache, .xcache, and a .xml with no sole .obj file (unless i can't see it or it's somewhere else) and .dds textures.
i'm not familiar with files being like this, so i've been watching to see if someone else had answers ahaha
After multiple methods I managed to get it to work with the Intruder Inject option, however I was not able to extract any rigs for the models.
I was instructed by a helpful user on the official discord to enter this command line on the Command Line Arguments:

{SNIP, DON'T LEAK YOUR OWN USER CREDENTIALS}

Initially I tried both the D3D11 and the Intruder Inject option but the game would continuously crash upon run. I turned off run as admin and then finally (Of all things, I didn't expect it to be so simple)...but I had to turn off my Antivirus. I haven't confirmed if it works without the command line or without turning off run as admin...but I know turning off antivirus is what did the trick! Also when importing to blender make sure you flip UV's.

Edit: Apparently part of the commandline included part of the users credentials, which again I don't know if it's important. If the method doesn't work without the command line, please dm me?
I've been digging into the file formats a bit for animations & rigs. All the "cache" files are a binary serialized version of the original file in the engine's model format. They serialized them directly into Irrlicht's SMesh and IAnimatedMesh format. Looking into writing a deserializer but my RE skills aren't quite up to snuff. If anyone more skilled at it wants to take a shot, PDBs are shipped with the game. Look at BinaryMeshLoader
This whole ripping process might be redundant now, because Young Horse Games (the developers) put the official model assets for Bugsnax on their discord server. This definitely cuts out a lot of time needed, but you'll need to provide the textures yourself, assuming you own the game.