The VG Resource

Full Version: Trying to rip from Neophyte: Koplio's Story (PC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everybody! 

So I'm starting to learn how to rip games and after digging some tutorials, I wanted to rip by my own an old Win95/98 PC game, a shareware RPG titled "Neophyte: Koplio's story". Browsing the files I could get the music and using Dragon Unpacker I easily found the sound effects. Sprites, however, are becoming tricky. 

Many of them are with a weird file extension (.vsp), impossible to open in any way but I managed to view some information on them using TiledGGD. However, I can't get the whole sheets, as they appear cropped and with a wrong color palette (see pic below).

[Image: 8z9UfOG.png]

So, this is where I'm stuck. I'm thinking of getting every single pose on every single sheet and manually fix them on PS and later arrange the spreadsheets, but that would be a massively time-consuming task. Also, I can't be 100% sure that I can recover all poses. Do you guys have any ideas that I can try? I'm still learning so maybe there're some mistakes I could've done. 

Thank you! Smile