The VG Resource

Full Version: A Custom Pikmin Sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This sheet was unfinished, and just collecting dust on my computer, I thought I'd finish it and post it here. M&L Pikmin. Blank
[Image: ml_pikmin_avy.png]
And yes...I do know customs are down on the main site, I'm posting this now so I won't forget about it again.
They're too blocky on the sides. Other than that it's a good WIP.
(01-19-2009, 10:55 PM)Chdonga Wrote: [ -> ]They're too blocky on the sides. Other than that it's a good WIP.
Only with the side-walking sprites.
And what do you mean WIP? I finished that sheet...
(01-19-2009, 10:58 PM)LUGIALV100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2009, 10:55 PM)Chdonga Wrote: [ -> ]They're too blocky on the sides. Other than that it's a good WIP.

No, it's blocky on all of them, except maybe the little white flowers.

He called it a WIP because it's not good enough to be considered "finished."
And, one more thing: If you think a lot of the sprites suck, what makes you think they'll be submitted? Why post work you know is bad?
If it's for C&C, you didn't make that very clear, what with claiming it as finished and all.
(01-19-2009, 11:40 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2009, 10:58 PM)LUGIALV100 Wrote: [ -> ]

No, it's blocky on all of them, except maybe the little white flowers.

He called it a WIP because it's not good enough to be considered "finished."
And, one more thing: If you think a lot of the sprites suck, what makes you think they'll be submitted? Why post work you know is bad?
If it's for C&C, you didn't make that very clear, what with claiming it as finished and all.
...T_T
Thank you for that thoughtful and illuminating post. All of my confusions have now been cleared thanks to that masterpiece of insight.

Do you want comments and criticism to make it better, or don't you?
(01-19-2009, 11:50 PM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for that thoughtful and illuminating post. All of my confusions have now been cleared thanks to that masterpiece of insight.

Do you want comments and criticism to make it better, or don't you?
...I don't see anything wrong with the sheet other than the side sprites.
Ofcourse you dont, you made it, thats why were trying to tell you about certain aspects of the sheet that could be improved.
(01-19-2009, 11:55 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ]Ofcourse you dont, you made it, thats why were trying to tell you about certain aspects of the sheet that could be improved.
I'm not that shallow. >.>
Why is there even confusion over this at all?
You didn't see anything wrong with the sheet other than with the side-facing poses. You post it here. We see things you don't, we point them out, you go "Oh, that's why they don't look right" and you can fix them.

This forum's title is "Sprite Discussion." We're here to discuss your sprites.
(01-20-2009, 12:00 AM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]Why is there even confusion over this at all?
You didn't see anything wrong with the sheet other than with the side-facing poses. You post it here. We see things you don't, we point them out, you go "Oh, that's why they don't look right" and you can fix them.

This forum's title is "Sprite Discussion." We're here to discuss your sprites.
Okay, I see what you mean.
The sprites are pretty blocky, even the forward ones...
...but their appendages are so small, and I have to outline them. =\
Well, we could chalk those parts up to style limitations. But let's take their stalks for example: They're jagged. You need to smooth them out; make your curves gradual rather than sudden.
(01-20-2009, 12:09 AM)omegakyogre Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we could chalk those parts up to style limitations. But let's take their stalks for example: They're jagged. You need to smooth them out; make your curves gradual rather than sudden.
Have you seen a Pikmin? Their stalks are sudden.
Have you played Pikmin or did you just unlock their trophies in Brawl? They're too jagged, their stalks are too thick, their idle poses need to be more than the leaf bobbing up and down. We're trying to help you make them better but you going "I don't see anything wrong with them" makes you seem stubborn.
Also you should make the animations you didn't wanna make.
Remember criticism is not an attack against you Lugia. They're just opinions of your work. If you want the Pikmin to be the best they can be, listen to the people and utilize any criticism you find useful in order to make the Pikmin sprites better. You will not get better if you ignore people outright. Sometimes people can bring a matter to your attention that you may overlook during spriting.
Pages: 1 2 3