The VG Resource

Full Version: How to view .obb files? (specifically images)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I want to do:

View the images in a mobile game, which uses two obb files.

I downloaded the xapk from apkpure, opened it as winrar, saw two obb files, put them on my desktop. Then opened both obb files as winrar, both having a resource folder, which I also extracted. Now, some content in the folders has .png and stuff, but they are not readable. Some lua files, which is readable but not what I want. I basically want to view all the asset in the game who uses obb files to store data apparently.

What I need help with:

How can I view the assets (datamine) an android apk (specifically the obb files). They just give me non readable prompts. I tried AssetStudio, but apparently that one is no go here? nothing happens when I drop either the apk, obb, the folders inside the obb into the AssetStudio GUI at all.

Actually an important note I might have to make, is what type of game it is. Actually, I have no idea. The game in question is called Illusion Connect by Superprism. Some of the files in the resource is: png, jpg, lua, luac, skel, plist, png@alpha, acb,  and usm. There might be more, but these are some of them. Not sure if its possible to determine what kind of game it is based on this info alone.

edit: If you want the obb file to check for yourself, download the xapk from the link below, open it with any extractor like winrar or winzip or 7zip (I use winrar myself), there is two obb files in there, just extract them, its basically those two.
Illusion Connect APK (by Superprism)

Note, you won't be able to run this apk on an emulator, if you want to play it for whatever reason you have to download the apk inside the emulator itself from google play store.
So I want to point out, just downloaded the game but as .ipa instead (from appstore / ios). Inside the payload, there is the "resources" folder just like in the obb, with same structure and everything, but also unreadable. How in the lords name do I make the "resources" folder viewable? xD
OBB files are just ZIP in disguise. You can use something like WinRAR or 7-zip to open them.
(11-11-2020, 06:33 AM)Tetriser Wrote: [ -> ]OBB files are just ZIP in disguise. You can use something like WinRAR or 7-zip to open them.

Yeah I know, but as I said in the thread, when I open it with winrar and extract the content, I can't view some of the files (some examples of files I can't open is png or jpg, and is probably due to encryption). PNG Header + hash = ???

Do you suppose there is a way to check if its encrypted, then a way to decrypt it, or why is it so that I can't view the assets?
Just an update, but I still need help with this
Found out it uses md5 encryption, does anyone know a way to decrypt md5 encryption? They might be using Texture Packer too.
Found out how to view the acb files, you can open them with VGMToolbox, then extract and you get .hca

They seem to be an audio file, open with mpv and you can hear the audio.

Thats nice, but it seems the images, sprites, png etc has md5 encryption, and I have no idae how to decrypt that. Anyone might know? Open the .db file with tools like "DB Browser for SQLCipher", you can see its encrypted with some kind of hash. But I digged into it and might have found out they might use TexturePacker & md5 encryption
Here is some sample images from the game:

https://safenote.co/r/5fb87bdab91866@15926743

I looked into them and tried some decryption algorithms using C++, but none worked out.
Resolved on my own, useful site thanks for the help. Smile

Took a lot of time.
(11-23-2020, 04:47 AM)Google Wrote: [ -> ]Resolved on my own, useful site thanks for the help. Smile

Took a lot of time.

Heyo, I'm having the same problem. Could you help me out?
I've been trying to open an OBB for a specific app I want to access the models of but it won't let me extract them, any ideas?
(08-07-2021, 04:57 AM)Ironcarnage101 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to open an OBB for a specific app I want to access the models of but it won't let me extract them, any ideas?

You can rename the file extension to .7z and open it that way on your pc, if it refuses to open, use a hex editor to find what file extension can be used to open it.
(08-09-2021, 07:19 PM)Devsterman12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2021, 04:57 AM)Ironcarnage101 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to open an OBB for a specific app I want to access the models of but it won't let me extract them, any ideas?

You can rename the file extension to .7z and open it that way on your pc, if it refuses to open, use a hex editor to find what file extension can be used to open it.

I've tried to rename it but it'll just give me an error saying the archive is an unknown format or damaged, how would I utilize the hex editor?
(11-23-2020, 04:47 AM)Google Wrote: [ -> ]Resolved on my own, useful site thanks for the help. Smile

Took a lot of time.

Could you share how you were able to decrypt the files? I also want to unencrypt the images from the game. Thanks in advance!