The VG Resource

Full Version: Link 2100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I got pissed of after I did a crap ton of work on the portraits only to have my laptop turn off before I saved it. Oh well.

So heres this thing. How I imagine Link would look like if Zelda was set in the future.

It isn't totally obvious because I haven't added most of the futuristic elements yet, but w/e its a wip.
[Image: Linkton.png]

Colors are craptacular I know, but they're just place holders.

But CC what you can, sorry it's still very messy.
Reminds me of Link as if he were in Star Wars. Anyway, looks great! Loving the colors and shading.
My bro said the same thing.
Do the legs seem short to any of you? Something doesn't feel right.
His right leg should be a tad longer, compare the left foot to his right foot. The right foot doesn't even touch the ground.

Love the sci fi look he has.
His legs are too small compared to everything else, I would suggest making the top half smaller/shorter/skinnier until it looks proportionate to the legs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_anatomy

The skeleton on this page gives a good example of the length between the torso compared to the legs.
Ehh, the legs kind of seem like he's wearing tights, and he's going into a sword duel with Tibalt from Romeo and Juliet. Lol.

But yeah they seem a little short.
uhh, do you know what you just said? Of course he's wearing tights! He's Link!
Experimentin'
Yes, I know how bad the hair is, I've never done hair that isn't totally flat so bear with me.
Made the legs longer, playing with the lighting a bit.

[Image: Linkton-1.png]
(01-19-2009, 11:42 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: [ -> ]uhh, do you know what you just said? Of course he's wearing tights! He's Link!

Haha, yeah what was I thinking.

Hair is actually pretty good. Although doesn't look Link material. Umm, now that I look at it a bit longer, make his arms a bit thicker? Same with his neck?

Not sure.
I think everything above the waist is too big. and everything below is too small.

[Image: proportions.png]
Your work has just been Babtised.
Played around a bit with the colors.
I totally BS'd the shading. I have no idea how it should really be to be honest.
Hopefull fixed the anatomy issues.
[Image: Linkton-2.png]
His feet seem way too small and I think he's leaning too far forward.
his face's too small compared to the head.
I'm not too fond of the pointy arms. But the costume is quite clever.
Pages: 1 2