The VG Resource

Full Version: Need Assistance with RCR-EX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks. Currently my fascination is with River City Ransom EX. After beating the game a few times on my GBA I decided to rip it. Only problem is I'm doing it the complicated yet often more complete method that is tile ripping. However this has created a problem. Despite being able to get the sprites from the game data itself, I've been unable to acquire certain palettes. I was hoping someone could join me in this little endeavor and perhaps play through the game via emulator and get single sprites of the major characters so I can employ the old paint-ish method of recoloring the tile-ripped sprites according to the ripped single sprites. I'd do it myself but I don't usually play through a game entirely on an emulator after I've done it so many times on the actual console. I simply need someone to make little captures of the characters. They can be just simple screen-shots and not even ripped sprites. I just need good reference. Gameplay videos will not work however, as in my experience the quality seems to change a lot between them. Is there anyone who will help me?
this sounds like a request(could just be me buuut I don't know) you should read the rules.
Hm...I didn't think it would be a technical request as I'm not actually asking for full blown sprite sheets or anything. I just need references for coloring purposes for my own rips of the game.
You don't need full blown sprites for it to be a request.
It would be fine if you posted so work though Smile!
Well, I don't see that as a noob request. All that he needs is a palette for his spritesheet.

If you've ripped everything, you're my new hero. I tried ripping Alex (and I submitted it to tSR), but the sheet was uncomplete and was missing a lot of stuff (I tried ripping it with programs, but the hairs/faces were all separated and hard to assemble). Anyhoo, I'll try getting the palettes for you. Hang on...
Opps, OK sorry my bad my apologies Carpaccio. like i said it was just me XD.
here's the palettes and the playable characters.

[Image: rcrcolorspf1.png]
Aha! Thank you very much. If it's at all possible to get references of the bosses just for good measure, let me know, otherwise I'll work with this.
well, you could paste the boss' icon on Alex's body to get the full sprite.
...I should have thought of that.

Thanks, it helps a lot.

If you're curious, the reason the hair, head, and body parts are in different places are due to the versatility and random generation of sprites. Due to the custom character option, and other purposes, the parts are separate to allow true random generation and full options. In fact the only way to really make this work is to only assemble things like the bosses that have fixed profiles, and for the rest make an assembly sheet, which is what I intend to do.