The VG Resource

Full Version: Kingdom Hearts III and Re:Mind DLC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a thread for those wanting to rip models from Kingdom Hearts III and it's DLC, Re:Mind
I ripped the Pooh characters from the Hundred Acre Wood world. I have Pooh almost ready, but I bumped into a problem regarding converting it to SMD. The original had 164 bones in it and not the supported 128. Is there a way around it? I have the original files if anyone is interested. (My apologies if this ain't the place to post this.)
Hello, I have a complicated project since I'm a noob, but there it is:

I would like to create a transition screen to use when editing video. I would like the Demon Tower to slide over the screen as an alpha transition.

To do this I thought I would get the model and play the according animation (as seen during fight or Twilight Town cutscene).

I got the game files, and found the model "dw_402"

Problem is, I can't rip the texture, and huge problem for a noob like me, the model is this (attachment)

Which means the game uses dark ways to have this demon tower working. Is it possible to recreate it in a 3D software so I can get my transition?

Thanks in advance!
(02-03-2021, 09:00 PM)NicoToonZ Wrote: [ -> ]I ripped the Pooh characters from the Hundred Acre Wood world. I have Pooh almost ready, but I bumped into a problem regarding converting it to SMD. The original had 164 bones in it and not the supported 128. Is there a way around it? I have the original files if anyone is interested. (My apologies if this ain't the place to post this.)

In case you never had an answer for this, I expect either they disabled the bone limit originally in the game (providing it was made in a version of UE that allowed that.. current UE does)

More likely the character was split into 2 characters and added as a single character to bypass the bone limit, for example you could have Pooh_body and Pooh_head, the body contains the body, arms, feet spine, etc while the head just needs to contain the spine, head and facial bones.. that keeps the entire skeleton for each under the limit
(07-05-2021, 05:20 AM)ryatta Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2021, 09:00 PM)NicoToonZ Wrote: [ -> ]I ripped the Pooh characters from the Hundred Acre Wood world. I have Pooh almost ready, but I bumped into a problem regarding converting it to SMD. The original had 164 bones in it and not the supported 128. Is there a way around it? I have the original files if anyone is interested. (My apologies if this ain't the place to post this.)

In case you never had an answer for this, I expect either they disabled the bone limit originally in the game (providing it was made in a version of UE that allowed that.. current UE does)

More likely the character was split into 2 characters and added as a single character to bypass the bone limit, for example you could have Pooh_body and Pooh_head, the body contains the body, arms, feet spine, etc while the head just needs to contain the spine, head and facial bones.. that keeps the entire skeleton for each under the limit
That might help. Thank you.