The VG Resource

Full Version: Jackie Chan: REDONE!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After about six or five hours, I finally got done with a masterpiece-at least I think it's a masterpiece. I don't think I'll submit this to TSR but if you guys like it... It's a recolor of the old Jackie Chan sprites from his NES game, also with new poses. I'm not sure if this is complete yet.

Give some feedback please.

Link!

Compare the one in my avatar (ripped by Dazz, all credit to him) to the one I made.
Lolz. Nice.
It's not really much. All you did recolor him. And gave him a lot of unnecessary poses such as Super Sayin.
(01-19-2009, 05:40 PM)Rags Wrote: [ -> ]It's not really much. All you did recolor him. And gave him a lot of unnecessary poses such as Super Sayin.

Some of them might be unnecesarry, but the gun poses aren't unnecessary. I also added about three or so new poses. I also fixed his eyes a bit.

I want to see you do better though.
It's good, but the super Saiyan hair and the special effects don't seem to match the same style as Jackie Chan. Try adding more poses and possibly adding more shading to it so it isn't just a recolor.
No.

Recoloring is dumb. You should revamp instead. Also, there are a lot of crap on that sheet (special effects, super saiyan, guns, fire kick etc). If you're going to make the original ones better, give it more frames, more shades and maybe a completely new sprite.
[Image: newjackievu3.png]

How's this instead? I tried shading it a bit.
Y... You pillowshaded it. That's not good at all.

You'll need to learn how to shade properly. I'll revamp the first pose for you as an example... wait a sec.

[Image: chanxc3.png]

see what I did there? I got some colors, made some shades with hue-shifting and started shading the places that were farther from the sun. With that, I could revamp the sprite, making it better but retaining the same look.
(01-19-2009, 05:44 PM)Paper Jorge Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see you do better though.

What?
(01-19-2009, 06:47 PM)gorsal Wrote: [ -> ]Y... You pillowshaded it. That's not good at all.

You'll need to learn how to shade properly. I'll revamp the first pose for you as an example... wait a sec.

[Image: chanxc3.png]

see what I did there? I got some colors, made some shades with hue-shifting and started shading the places that were farther from the sun. With that, I could revamp the sprite, making it better but retaining the same look.

Thanks!

I'll try that!