The VG Resource

Full Version: New Zelda/Mario countdowns?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://kotaku.com/5133933/ok-whats-the-d...own-clocks

weeeeird.

I have a theory that the 2nd one has something to do with Mario Paint, because MP had that thing in the title of the game where clicking a letter made a different event, jingle, or something else happen.

Also, spriter to spriter, does that particular mushroom match up (pixel to pixel) with any known mushroom in the Mario series? It looks familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Any thoughts? (We'll know by Friday, but this is killing me)
It looks mostly like the old-school original Mario mushroom, but it has a Sonic palette and is being developed by Sega Japan, so it probably hints to some kind of Mario/Sonic 8-bit combo.
Chances of the triforce one being Zelda is about zero. Will end up being some shitty triangle based puzzle game for iPhone or something. Sega one could be Mario, but based on the usual outcome of these countdowns...it'll probably just be a teaser for a new 2D franchise or something.
Click the "U" in produce in the mario-sega one.
I think the triforce like one could belong to any RPG. The mushroom I'm not quite sure.
I don't really know except that Takao Miyoshi has worked on some Sonic games and Phantasy Star Universe, the letters take to games made by Prope (Yuji Naka's new team) and there are a couple of Sonic Team links. So whether it is a unique game, some shovelware or something else. Chances are that it's not a Sonic game since Unleashed isn't out yet in Japan.

As for the Marvelous one, it might be an RPG.
Kingdom Hearts-esque Video Game Universes version?
Quick!
How much time is left on the countdown?!
Ah, we can't get our hopes up. I always wanted a TRUE Mario and Sonic game, but I know that'll never happen, without sports involved.
I hope so hard that kotaku is right about sega giving yuji naka sonic back

also what are you guys alking about the triforce thing can't be zelda
it's the TRIFORCE. What else could it represent?
Something tells me the Sega one is nothing anyone is guessing, with the violence and sexual themes and all. ...Come to think of it, it seems odd for a game with that kinda stuff to be rated 12+
these countdowns are annoying as fuck to deal with because I keep hearing rumors on a Zelda game having to do with them

telling you right now it has nothing to do with Zelda
then if that's true why is the TRIFORCE there
the "zelda" clock reminds me more of the art design from okami but there's hope that there will be a new zelda with the same kind of art used in okami and wind waker
Pages: 1 2 3