The VG Resource

Full Version: Disney Heroes Battle Mode - Having Trouble Unpacking Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I need help extracting textures from Disney Heroes Battle Mode.

I was successfully able to grab the game's asset files (environments, stickers, emojis, dialog, and yes, characters) but the thing is, I can't unpack the textures no matter what method I try.

For context, when I ripped the Android version of the game (version 2.2.30), I found through one of the .txt files that the game's files can be downloaded in three different types: .etc1, .etc2, and .pvr which I ended up doing for convenience. 

While this sounds great, I unfortunately can't use Spine 2D Professional's Texture Unpacker to load the textures. I tried loading the .atlas file from one of the .etc1, .etc2, and .pvr folders but each time I do, the program tells me that the formats are not recognized. I even tried using PVRTexTool to read a pvr file and it tells me that "the file is not a valid image or texture file, or is an unsupported format" (which shouldn't be true because it IS a pvr file).

The PVRTexTool situation tells me that the files might be encrypted which would explain why they couldn't be read.
So now my question is, how do I decrypt the .etc1, .etc2, and/or pvr files? Or do I have to decompress them somehow since they are compressed textures?

Again, I have all the assets and the only thing stopping these from being completely ripped and uploaded, are the compressed textures.
Any help is appreciated.
The .etc1 files are actually .gz compression files with (unmarked) .etc1 files inside of them.

[Image: 09f63d4c5639547efa54f3a5961ee434.png]