The VG Resource

Full Version: Dig Dug sprites!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody [Image: DigDugsThing.png] C+C please!
Pretty good not much to say. What's that character name?? Is it made up??
Thank you and you have never played Dig Dug? it was my favorite game when I was little (game play footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrvmDJxq86I ) . As for name... I don't think it really has one.
Okay in that case the little on was done well but the big one pretty blocky thought. Not sure if that was done purposely.Other than that its perfect..
Lol, ok ill fix that then the little one was a ref...
[Image: DigDugsThing-2.png] any better?
Nope there a circle maker for paint it just use that. The edit it to look more like little on. The little one circular in the left corner and straight in the right top.
I used the circle thing and took the goggles,tail, and feet from the old one [Image: DigDugsThing-3.png]
Nice now its looking much better Smile
Thank you (anything else that could be improved?) No seriously i want to make whole sheets and if the first one isn't perfect and someone comes in sayin somthin I need to improve that means edition every frame and that would be annoying.
The problem is that you're using unattractive colors. Sure, it looks okay for the 8-bit one, but they don't do well in your revamp. Try looking for another eye-pleasuring colors instead of simply changing the original's saturation. The body/head looks slighty jagged. Try rounding the edges a bit more.

Also, you should learn how to shade a spherical surface. The shadow follows the outline, and is thicker when it's totally opposite from the lightsource. When it gets near the lightsource, it gets thinner and thinner until it disappears, forming a bright uncentered circle. Then, add a highlight in the brightest spot on the sphere and you're done.
OK, pallet change minor edits made the body rounder and smoother and totally changed the shading . (I really need to work on shading)
[Image: DigDugsThing-5.png]
Added poses finished walking and floating organized it and that's about it
[Image: DigDugsThing-9.png] please please please CnC or comment just post SOMETHING!