The VG Resource

Full Version: Dreamcast MLT file conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! 

i'm having some troubles ripping MTL files, i am trying to get the sound effects used in Space channel 5 and learning how to rip MTL files in general.

After extracting the AFS archives with Noesis, it spits out files with no file extension that seem the be MLT files when checking them out in a HEX editior, i found a Python script called DSFmake that's supposed to take MTL files and spit out DSF and Minidsf files. i got as far as to figure out i have to put the file name in the script itself before executing it (not 100% sure if i'm using the script right, not that familiar with python) however upon using that script it's saying that MANATEE.DRV isn't anywhere to be found.. while it's in the directory.. i understand that's the sound driver that interprets the MTL files and that some versions don't work with DSFmake, i've tried the MANATEE.DRV file from, SC5 P2, REZ, ECCO.. none of em seem to resolve the error i keep getting in DSFmake.

Anyone have any experience with DSFmake? is there another program with a GUI that does the same thing but is easier to use? 
i know Sonic adventure uses Manatee as well.. so maybe there's a tool from the sonic modding community?

i have attached one of the files in question,

Anyway, any help is more than appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone! Content