The VG Resource

Full Version: Models that require edited textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a lot of models that I want to upload, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it because the game they're from uses a lot of in-engine effects and tinting on the textures that required me to edit them to make them accurate to the way they appear in-game, so a lot of the models I have are using either edited textures or entirely new textures I made myself. In some cases this also meant I had to change the UV's of a few of the models.

How should I go about sharing them if they need edited textures to look accurate to the game?
I have a similar problem on a smaller scale for some of my stuff, and here's how I've chosen to do it: Include both the "raw" and the "edited" versions, with instructions on how to use/convert the raw ones if desired, and notes on why the edited ones are the way they are. That way the mods understand what you've done, and the downloader can use either method.