The VG Resource

Full Version: Hello, i would like to get into ripping!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.

i joined this forum because i wanted to create a request post, but i also would like to get help/advice to learn how to rip stuff.

i ripped the Audio files from Persona 4 Golden on steam just for an animation i plan on making, but being able do to that to a """new""" game made me want to rip more, both for my own works and to contribute to the sites.

I dont have much experience for ripping besides trying it nearly a decade ago, and i dont know what programs i would use to rip sounds/models from newer games. How does someone like me start?
Welcome!

Now I've only done custom work myself, but it looks like there are different tutorials all over the site. There are a number of model ripping tutorials saved in the important threads on the 'Models Resource' forums. The wiki also has a few tutorials for specific games. Similarly the 'Sounds Resource' forums have some helpful threads and the wiki says what tools are most useful for each system. In either case, if you ever have specific questions and can't find any information anywhere, feel free to start up a thread in the applicable forum. Hope that helps!