The VG Resource

Full Version: Piecing together fragments of a model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The models from a game that I’m ripping are fragmented in the game’s files. With that said, I would have to piece together the fragments to make a whole model. Is there an accurate way to do this? I’ve just used Blender to put together the parts, but that has required a small amount of guesswork, and I have a feeling that there’s a better way to do what I’m trying to do.
Depends on what you have. Do you have the skeleton? Or just the mesh. What are you assembling? Are you using the correct settings on the importer?
(07-14-2020, 01:33 AM)JonathanJoestar Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on what you have. Do you have the skeleton? Or just the mesh. What are you assembling? Are you using the correct settings on the importer?
I'm assembling characters. A skeleton would be helpful, but I unfortunately have only the meshes. Currently, it looks like the only tool that can convert the game's model format (.IT3) to a more common format supports only .OBJ conversion and doesn't have any customisability.
Then you'll have to do it by hand then. If you have nothing to anchor it to then it's pretty much the only way.
(07-14-2020, 01:31 PM)JonathanJoestar Wrote: [ -> ]Then you'll have to do it by hand then. If you have nothing to anchor it to then it's pretty much the only way.
I guess I should have expected this.