The VG Resource

Full Version: Hi there!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salutations, all! I just figured I'd pop in here and give a little greeting before I go to see about a sprite sheet restoration on the TSR forums. ( and this one is gonna be a doozy... ooh boy... )

I've been visiting here often for all my sprite-based needs over the years ( whether it's Sonic-related or what have you ), but I never really got to know any of the folks here. Usually I'm here and gone in a matter of minutes. But this time I figured I'd pop in and give everyone a hearty hello!

I guess you could call me an indie game developer in training. I've been working on improving my skills over the years ( mainly being self-taught since %99.9 of these online video courses on YouTube and wherever still baffle me to this day ), and I'm glad to say that I'm seeing a lot of improvement as of late... although as you can probably guess by now, I'm no artist or sprite designer by any stretch, hence why I often show up here to get the assets I need.

Hey, maybe we'll get to know each other a little better as time goes on. But right now, I've gotta get back to work. Catch you real soon!
Welcome!

I've been visiting this site for my spriting needs for years too before finally making an account a few months ago. It's been pretty fun thus far!

I consider myself a 'wannabe game designer'. I've made a bunch of assets over the years, and I'm finally putting some stuff together now. Yeah, YouTube tutorials aren't always the best huh? There is actually a funny video titled “Every programming tutorial” that probably illustrates your frustrations fairly accurately. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have some experience with Unity and GameMaker Studios. If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me! Otherwise you might want to try posting any questions you may have in the Game Development forum. We've got a lot of smart creative people around here so someone might be able to help out.