The VG Resource

Full Version: How do you guys do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, just some new user here who frequents to the sound resources site for sound effects and voice clips (especially for SAO ones, which I noticed seem to be very few in comparison to other works). Hope we'll get along as time goes
Welcome!

I'm almost exclusively in the Spriter's Resource end of things myself, but maybe we'll run into each other sometime. I hope to see you around!
Say, if you don't mind me asking this, how does one share a ripped asset pack from a game that is ripped by someone else but does not show up in the resources site? I've stumbled upon one such asset pack from Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag that can be downloaded and was not in any of the Resources page. I've only seen questions for those who happen to be rippers themselves rather than someone who had seen a ripped asset uploaded elsewhere for download
No problem at all! I'm not sure I entirely understand the question so please bear with me. If I am understanding you correctly, you are asking what happens if you find something uploaded on another website that isn't uploaded here? I'm not sure you are allowed to honestly, it is against the rules to post things ripped by other people. Ask an admin first to make sure, but you might be okay if you get permission from the original ripper to host their work here. If you get the original ripper's blessing make sure to credit them. You can try posting questions in either the Site Discussion forum or the Sounds Resource forum to contact the admins, but it probably would be faster just to contact them directly by PMing them.

The posting process after that is pretty simple, there is a tutorial here. Don't worry about it being specifically for the Spriter's Resource, the process is practically the same across the board. You may also want to take a look here to make sure your submissions meet the site's standards. I don't think that Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag has anything posted yet. If that's the case you'll probably want to make an icon for the game (it makes things easier for the admins which makes submissions go smoother). Basically the icon just needs to be a screenshot of the gameplay of the game, just to give everyone a feel for what the game is about. The icon needs to be 240 px by 125 px and saved as a .PNG. If you need any help with the icon feel free to PM me.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
That's pretty much what I meant to ask in fact, yes. Sorry if I've was rather vague about it
No need to apologize! The confusion honestly stemmed more from my own lack of sleep rather than your wording. My very first reading made me think that you were asking what the process was if a game section you were submitting to exists on the site but couldn't be accessed. I'm not sure if that is actually possible thus my initial confusion. After rereading your question your actual meaning became clear, but I kept my initial comment in the off chance my sleepy brain was correct this one time.