The VG Resource

Full Version: ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
don't pay attention to this
It's going for the Mega Man 2 style, as a answer to the first post.

Also, when it will be completed and submitted? It's submitted when done?
(07-07-2020, 07:44 AM)DogToon64 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Yes

2. I don't know, I haven't worked on it much. I might start again later

Yeesh.  Shocked It's a bad thing you cancelled the sheet you posted on the initial thread and start all over again. (Or maybe not?  Rolleyes )
Also, Cuphead's shmup patterns are so badly designed it's too easy! (Even applies to Expert)
Oh no no no, you misunderstood what I meant. I mean that I'll work on the sheet that's under construction again sometime later.
Also, what's a shmup?
(07-08-2020, 01:31 PM)DogToon64 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh no no no, you misunderstood what I meant. I mean that I'll work on the sheet that's under construction again sometime later.
Also, what's a shmup?
It's short for Shoot-em-up.
Ok, thanks Murphmario.
Also, it seem like rippers are hearing my message about shmup explosions, because I saw a Sengeki Striker sheet containing explosions, and some other stuff such as the bombah (no pun intended) and shrapnel.
wait, what?
why are you talking about explosions and some Sengeki Striker sheet?
(07-12-2020, 05:39 PM)DogToon64 Wrote: [ -> ]wait, what?
why are you talking about explosions and some Sengeki Striker sheet?
1. Because of a notable lack of sheets which contain more than a single explosion ripped
2. Sengeki Striker allows you to get more score than Shienryu does
3. Sengeki Striker is starting to get ripped in TSR
4. I love explosions so much

Also, Psikyo is not ripped much in terms of explosions. If you would like to rip 'em, I would recommend Dragon Blaze (not the mobile app, the Psikyo arcade shmup) and Strikers 1945 Plus (The only Neo Geo shmup Psikyo made, basically a port of Strikers 1945 2 to Neo Geo technology).
Uh...
You do know that I'm not even interested, and that it's not even related to Cuphead or Grim Matchstick...

If you want some explosions, here's some right here: https://www.spriters-resource.com/neo_ge...eet/11306/

(PS. I got other rips to worry about, and I can't rip sprites from Arcade games)
(07-12-2020, 06:17 PM)DogToon64 Wrote: [ -> ]Uh...
You do know that I'm not even interested, and that it's not even related to Cuphead or Grim Matchstick...

If you want some explosions, here's some right here: https://www.spriters-resource.com/neo_ge...eet/11306/

(PS. I got other rips to worry about, and I can't rip sprites from Arcade games)

Thanks, but I already downloaded a copy of this sheet. Would you like that I merge the frames to gifs?
I also downloaded the weapon SFX because the flamethrower looks like explosions but except they start yellow and transition to red.
As much as I feel that the image was really unnessecary I do understand OP's sense of confusion toward Aeaeoeoe and whatever he's going on about right now.

Honestly, don't even respond to the guy. It's not worth the effort into reasoning with him if he's just going to continue de-railing the thread whether he realizes he's doing that or not.

As for you Dogtoon, my critique I feel like that these are just basic edits and nothing more. I would nudge you into doing something from scratch (as in literally from nothing) and maybe make more custom work instead of going off of pre-existing sprites because then you would be able to build a skill set that could actually help you in the long run.

ALTERNATIVELY, maybe try and go heavier on the edit. Although I'm not sure if it can be entirely salvaged in this case simply because I've seen alot of Megaman NES edits done before this.
(08-18-2020, 05:49 PM)DogToon64 Wrote: [ -> ]5. I can work on whatever I want. Mostly it matters if it matters to me. I get you're trying to help me, but I'm doing these sprites the way I want. I've been through this with "a certain somebody", and I'm not going to do it again.

This is a really crappy attitude to have on a forum designed for people to help each other get better. You seem to be more inclined to thinking this is a place for you to post things and either receive views or praise? Unfortunately that's not the case, this is a place for critique and if you don't want that, you need to be clear in every post you make because people will always naturally do that.

That will, however, make your threads just gather dust as nobody wants to come on here and give someone an insincere pat on the back.

EDIT: Just to be clear the above message i replied to has since been deleted, there was also another reply below that was deleted. Dogtoon, i did try to PM you to talk to you in private instead of derailing a post but you seem to have blocked me, if you feel like actually talking then my inbox is open.
(08-19-2020, 05:37 PM)JewyB Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2020, 05:49 PM)DogToon64 Wrote: [ -> ]5. I can work on whatever I want. Mostly it matters if it matters to me. I get you're trying to help me, but I'm doing these sprites the way I want. I've been through this with "a certain somebody", and I'm not going to do it again.

This is a really crappy attitude to have on a forum designed for people to help each other get better. You seem to be more inclined to thinking this is a place for you to post things and either receive views or praise? Unfortunately that's not the case, this is a place for critique and if you don't want that, you need to be clear in every post you make because people will always naturally do that.

That will, however, make your threads just gather dust as nobody wants to come on here and give someone an insincere pat on the back.

EDIT: Just to be clear the above message i replied to has since been deleted, there was also another reply below that was deleted. Dogtoon, i did try to PM you to talk to you in private instead of derailing a post but you seem to have blocked me, if you feel like actually talking then my inbox is open.

Oh yikes looks like I missed what happened.

But no I agree with this. Dogtoon with all due respect I don't really get why you blocked JewyB because what he did say is actually valid here. This isn't a showcase forum and personally the way I look at it if that's all you're here for is to just show off your work and not expect to get anything other than praise then you're wasting everyone's time.

Please, reconsider your stance on how you're approaching discussion with your work.
Okay I literally just looked at that thread and he only made one post. That's not spamming, if any thing I think you took his post there a little too personally.

But that's not my problem. I got better things to do with my time than to de-rail this thread into an argument over a trivial matter. I seriously hope that you change your attitude concerning how you handle forum discussion overall here in general because to be blunt with you, you're not going to last on these forums without irritating other members with the way you're going. I can tell you that from what I've seen done by other people who are doing the exact thing that you are doing right now over the 12+ years I've been here.
Pages: 1 2