The VG Resource

Full Version: Help Opening Punch-Out!! Wii .data Models/Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya, so I've seen a few threads started around the internet for a very long time now, and it seems nobody has been able to crack it, so I'm wondering if somebody knows how to or would like to help open Punch-Out!! Wii's models/textures.
I checked the files for Mario Strikers Charged (another game that Next Level Games developed under Nintendo 2 years prior, for the Nintendo Wii) and the files formats were completely different, with some similarities in the files structures for both games. Punch-Out!! uses generic .data files for seemingly everything, they also come with a much smaller .dict file and a .debug file.
As an example, I have included the files to what I hope to be Aran Ryan's character model/textures.

Any help at all would be extremely appreciated, thank you very much!!
-80constant
(06-01-2020, 07:45 PM)80constant Wrote: [ -> ]Heya, so I've seen a few threads started around the internet for a very long time now, and it seems nobody has been able to crack it, so I'm wondering if somebody knows how to or would like to help open Punch-Out!! Wii's models/textures.
I checked the files for Mario Strikers Charged (another game that Next Level Games developed under Nintendo 2 years prior, for the Nintendo Wii) and the files formats were completely different, with some similarities in the files structures for both games. Punch-Out!! uses generic .data files for seemingly everything, they also come with a much smaller .dict file and a .debug file.
As an example, I have included the files to what I hope to be Aran Ryan's character model/textures.

Any help at all would be extremely appreciated, thank you very much!!
-80constant
There is a program called Switch Toolbox that can open .dict files, you need to have BOTH correspondingĀ .data and .dict files in the same folder before you do.
https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Switch-Toolbox/releases
(06-01-2020, 09:28 PM)JJ314 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a program called Switch Toolbox that can open .dict files, you need to have BOTH correspondingĀ .data and .dict files in the same folder before you do.
https://github.com/KillzXGaming/Switch-Toolbox/releases

Thank you so much! It worked like a charm for previewing models!
[Image: unknown.png][Image: unknown.png]

The only problem seems to be that I can't export with materials intact, and with the rig applied.
I released my Luigi's mansion 3 plugin yesterday, which is made by the same studio https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22227
From what I saw the LM2/punch out formats are similar, I gave my research to KillZ so he could improve support for older NLG games since I'm only interested in LM3 myself.

So it should just be a matter of time till you get these, just wait for him to update his NLG formats. If you're lucky the anim format could be similar to LM3 so animations will be extractable as well once I figure them out completely.
Hello.

Perhaps I can be of help.